Worst pistol ever.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by kmglocks, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

In another forum I stated that a hi-point 9mm was the worst pistol ever. I have my reasons aside from their outstanding warranty. Just curious what you think is the worst pistol ever and why.

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Never owned one, have heard that Jennings were crap. Those and the cobras...

3. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Never heard of those either, must be really ****ty guns!

4. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

image-886292898.jpg

Here is said gun.

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Jennings are pretty bad. I have a J-22. I broke a small part on it. The part was $4. But it was going to be $6 to ship it. All together it was something like $12. I don't remember the exact cost. But I do remember that it sat broken in my safe for 6 months or a year because I just couldn't bring myself to spend the $12 on it. I did finally get it and fixed it. I have shot it once since I fixed it about 6 months ago.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I actually like High Points. When properly cleaned and maintained they are really pretty good guns for the money.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I think Hi-Point puts guns in the hands of people that can't afford what many of us are blessed with.

They build a reliable firearm (albeit ugly as a broken gate) that shoots a wide range of common ammo allowing a great many more Americans the opportunity to exercise their 2nd Amendment Rights!

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.​

Having the "Right" is great only if you can afford to exercise it!

8. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

I will buy the fact that some people can't afford a gun that's over 200 bucks. It's a sad fact of society. Hi-point has a great warranty program, that is it. Several gun tests and reviews have been posted online of these guns, have'nt seen a good one yet. Personal use of the gun has also lead me to this conclusion. They are ugly and they jam constantly, plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
  9. JonM

JonM Moderator

if it is a jamomatic send it to hipoint they will fix it. they really do have a no bs warranty.

but in my opinion glock is right at the bottom.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

The only reviews and tests I've seen have been great.

11. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

See my above link reference reviews. Also, what wold qualify Glock as the wort pistol ever?

12. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

After the civil war a poll should be taken to see what firearms are in the hands of the victor then we will know for sure which ones are the best.

13. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Word up to that.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

You mean the next one? I'm wondering when it's going to kick off...

15. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

It will be a few more years before we have one.

16. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Hopefully after the construction of my palatial compound. Lol

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Gents (and ladies that may be lurking out there) None of you has even come CLOSE to the worst handgun!

Of great infamy, I introduce you to the pot metal specials, capable of being melted with a birthday candle, as reliable as a meth addict, and all the quality of the Ford Edsel.

The RG revolver
    rg revolver.jpg

and the Clerke revolver

clerke revolver.jpg

But the title may belong to this bad boy- The Gabbet-Fairfax Mars pistol. From around 1902. Around 900 ft lbs of energy. Twice the barrel of a 1911. Caliber .450 Mars- a bottle necked round with incredible penetration.
    Mars-47.jpg

Problem was an action that recoiled half the length of your forearm, recoil so severe that members of the test board refused to shoot it a second time, incredibly complicated action. Firing it was described as resembling a pistol exploding, due to muzzle blast and flash.

18. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Spot on, thanks for the great addition to the thread!

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have 4 Glocks. I carried one on duty for a number of years.
    By far the most popular handgun with Law Enforcement. and with good reason.

Before retiring, I was a Glock armorer. Without question, the Glock is one of the finest handguns ever made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.