Worst Handgun You Ever Owned?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by WillWork4Ammo, Dec 5, 2013.

1. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

For me,the Lorcin L380.What a piece of doo doo!
    Long story short,before I knew squat about quality firearms,while firing it,the slide broke off,flew at my face and hit my chin and needed stitches.
    I know the Lorcin L380 has been resurrected by Cobra as the Cobra Freedom FS380.Not sure how much better they are from the old Lorcins.
    I had a Bryco Jennings 59 that never broke,but I sold it and specifically told the buyer I am not responsible if it fails.I once fired a friends Jimenez JA9 (a reincarnation of the Jennings 9) and it was a jam-o-matic nightmare.He paid $179 for it and he finally sold it and bought a Glock 19.
    This isn't my Lorcin it is from another forum but this is exactly what happened to mine.
    These guns are more dangerous to the owner than they are a criminal.
    [​IMG]

2. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

ATI/GSG 1911 22lr- Pot-metal guide rod broke in half after a couple hundred rounds and it can have a finicky appetite. I haven't been too impressed with the mags either. Cheapo pistol.

More 'mildly bad' than terrible. But it's the only pistol I've ever regretted purchasing. Still have it, LOL.

3. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Is that the one with the faux suppressor?

4. GunsGodAndCountry

GunsGodAndCountry New Member

Taurus PT140. Ugly as sin, not comfortable, and the magazine would eject after nearly every round fired (no my hands were nowhere near the button). Plus the front sight came off after shooting it twice. That was 2 years ago and we are still waiting for them to send the correct screw.

5. Donn

Donn Active Member

S&W Bodyguard 38. Timing, lock-up issues after less than 100rds. Sent it back to the factory, trouble returned after 20rds. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I've chosen pretty well on most of my handguns, so my worst really wasn't all that bad: Smith & Wesson Model 411. Pretty decent gun, but not all that accurate. At short range, it would still ruin anyone's day. But I would always shoot tighter groups with friends' pistols than with it. It wound up being my first trade.

7. Drauka

Drauka New Member

A Bryco/Jennings Nine. I've never even shot the thing, and I'm almost afraid to. I got it at an auction for $100. I bid just for the heck of it, not thinking I'd win. I've broken it down, polished the trigger and everywhere that rubs, and done what I can to make it function smoother if I should ever need it....but I'll never really trust it.

It lives in a lockbox in my car.....it's my "I was stupid and left without my glock" gun.

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Taurus PT92. Went back 3 times and still was not fixed. Trigger would stack. Every time you fired the trigger got harder. By the 3rd round it was up around 12 lbs and only got worse. That was single action.

9. indy36

indy36 New Member

Century made Galil Golani. Nothing but trouble. Not a handgun but still, stay away.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  10. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

My Ruger LCP. Carried it for a year, shot it on a regular basis. It never failed to fire and was accurate. I just hated it. Traded it off about a year ago and never regretted getting rid of it for one second.

11. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

hmm,wow.I was thinking of getting one of those but decided to wait for a Beretta 92FS.

12. vincent

vincent New Member

Vote #3 for Taurus...

PT709...I guess the 'PT' stood for Piece of Trash...:mad:

Front sight fell off almost right away, rear sight wouldn't stay put, jam-o-matic with FT-everythings...:mad:

Sent it back tor warranty work and it came back worse...was like the dern thing would shoot around a corner...

Took a $30 bath and put the money towards an LCR

13. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

An Iver Johnson starters pistol. That was gifted to me used, and had been futzed with by only God knows how many idiots.

Other than that I've never had a bad one. But, then again I never have bought the newest whiz-bang it's new and in style this week gun. I've always bought tried and true weapons, made by known manufacturers.

S&W J, K & N frame designs are older than I am, and they have all the bugs worked out. Colt Python, same thing. The 1911 and its derivatives by Colt, S&W, and Springfield Armory, are all examples of a tried and proven design, well manufactured. None of them have ever given me any trouble.

Buy quality once.

14. semipacifist

semipacifist New Member

Did they fix the magazine problem?

15. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Funny. I had two of them that I bought with consecutive serial numbers, one for myself and one as a gift for my Dad. Both were utterly reliable. Some 1911 smiths that I know state that the slide and frame steel is harder in than a most 1911's and that they don't liek to work on them due to the additional wear on tools. Don't know how true it is though. I ended up giving the second one away to keep my father-in-law from trading his Fox Sterlingworth double barrel 12 ga. for a cheap .380. He say's I'll get the pitol back one day. Standard 1911 parts can be fitted to them , and I have some ideas of what I want to do with it if I ever do get it back.

My worst Pistol was a Norinco also though. It was a Tokarev copy. It locked up in some fashion that made it mechanically impossible to disassemble, cycle or properly fix. The importer sent me a new pistol, but I traded it in.

Kind of ironic that I had Norinco 1911 copies that have been reliable, and the Commie Tokarev was the one that they didn't get right.

16. elmerfudge

elmerfudge New Member

Smith and Wesson Model 547 - 9mm revolver. Had a POS design that eliminated need for half moon clips. Bought it on a whim and gave it away to a nephew I didn't like much! :D

17. GunsGodAndCountry

GunsGodAndCountry New Member

No, but we also haven't turned it in for that because we pretty much just don't like the gun anyway

18. hmh

hmh New Member

Taurus pt111

19. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

I second the Lorcen 380. That gun would Ftf and Fte every other round. It sucked. I spent more time picking up unfired bullets than shooting them. The next was a Raven .25 auto. It actually shot but would throw bullets like a kindergartner. Key holeing.

20. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

I had an old RG .22 revolver that I retired a few years back for safety reasons. Worst piece of junk I ever had. The cylinder was loose, trigger was horrible. It looked just like this one:

RG14.jpg