Worst Beer Ever, No Kidding

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Balota, May 31, 2015.

1. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

When I was in college, I shared a house with 3 other students. One of them held an annual reunion with his high school buddies. The theme was generally about beer. That year it was the worst tasting beer contest. The "winner" was Robin Hood Cream Ale, made from the dregs of the Iron City Brewing kegs. It was awful. It was 40 years ago. I've been searching for all this time. Never found its equal in awfulness... Till now.

Behold the absolute king of awful...

The reason the photo is on the toilet is because (a) it tastes like xxxx and (b) it made me want to puke.

Attached Files:

2. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I will be sure to avoid it. :eek:

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Sorry, bro- but unless your candidate for Worst Beer has formaldehyde in it, it just cannot compete with the King of bad beer-

vietnam beer.jpg

4. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Gee now I have to try it :)

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

6. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

The worst I ever had was some homemade beer my step dad made when I was a kid. It was AWFUL, if you had an alcoholic you wanted to cure this stuff would work!!!!!;)

7. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Back in the sixties you couldn't get Coors east of Old Miss. So there is this long distance beer run with a station wagon to get some. What a waste. Tastes like soda water. A really $hitty beer

8. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Years ago I was at my Sisters in Dublin, OH and bought a 12 pack of Grain Belt Beer. It was really cheap and you got what you paid forl It was still in her refrigerator years later. She asked me if I knew anything about it, and I denied all knowledge.

That stood until about three years ago when I tried some Blueberry beer. Poured most of that out, as I have some Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic a few times.

I still see the Blueberry crap. I will get a picture and post and post it as a warning to all.

9. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Back in the late 1970's at UGA, when the legal drinking age in Georgia was still 18, we had a dorm party on my floor. Had a case of Bud or Busch, and a case of PBR. When the party was over, half the PBR was left.
    Says a lot when college guys won't drink it.

10. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Have never been a fan of PBR but saw a VERY attractive lady buying a case just the other day...I wondered how the recipient of her purchase ended up with her

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Maybe the purchase was for her.

The beer Balota started this thread with truly had a vinegar taste. And I'll bet there are people out there who think it's good!

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I've tried probably a hundred beers and ales, and for my taste, nothing even comes close to Budweiser. I have trouble sitting at the same table with someone else drinking it! :(:(

13. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Ah yes,

Bamiba

Tried it once.
    once was enough.
    Still have a bottle.

Don't forget the song by Sgt. Barry Sadler.

Rest in Peace Sgt.
    Thank You.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  14. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Back in the 70,s , there was a beer called (USA).! We called it U-Save-A lot .
    Very cheap and very nasty !

15. thdrduck

thdrduck Member

Some of what was mentioned isn't even close to being in the running. I will say that Grain Belt does make the top 10 (or bottom 10 depending on how you look at it) but not the worst by far. Out of the many swills I have had the displeasure of sampling, I believe Edelwise took the cake as the worst (99 cents a six pack and way over priced) followed closely by Pigs eye, skunky but with a very nasty after taste that lingers on the pallet. You can get rid of the after taste if can find a pile of dog crap to eat, but it's way better to just avoid it in the first place.

16. sandog

sandog Active Member

I agree. Bud just tastes really sour to me. They have a lot of cajones calling it "the King of Beers". Maybe if it was the only beer in the world. Zima is pretty nasty as well, kind of tastes like rubbing alcohol. If it is even considered a beer.

17. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

The beer I had was called a sour porter. It was extremely sour, vinegar is the best description.

I try all kinds of beers, so I run into bad stuff once in a while. Generally I finish even the bad beers. This was one sip and dumped it. Gag-a-maggot nasty.

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Beck's is ALMOST s nasty as Bud!:(

19. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Blatz, Genesee Cream Ale AKA Gennie Screamers, and Tooth Sheef Stout are the worst beers I remember drinking.

20. thdrduck

thdrduck Member

Sheltered life hey?:cheers: