world war II British 303 rifle sling.

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Zamzow, May 7, 2012.

1. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

I am looking for a world war II British 303 rifle sling does anyone know where that can be found. Please let me know.

Zamzow

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I would try a gun show, mine already had one on it when i bought it so I can't be too specific, sorry.

I looked around for accessories a few times and they seem to be scarce a lot of the time.

Last edited: May 7, 2012

3. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Yeah it hasn't been easy to find at all. I thought maybe there would be a web site that sold world war II items but havnt had much luck. Thanks for the advice on gun shows though.

Zamzow

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Ebay would be my guess... But expect to pay quite a bit for one...

Ive seen WWII Arisaka slings there before, but the prices are insane! :eek:

If a repro wouldnt bother you, try Mountain state supply.. I got my repro M1903 sling there, its very well made and looks just like a real one.

6. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Awsome thank u.

Zamzow

7. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

my step brother has a an enfield we ended up having to have a sling made not saying you cant find one it was just quiker and easier.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Would really suggest you go for a repro. An ORIGINAL WW 2 sling will now be about 67 tears old (at least) and may just play the great practical joke of parting company with your rifle in such a way that the rifle will swing like a hinged door, and dig the front sight into the asphalt parking lot (after scraping down the side of your car)

Not that anything like that has ever happened to me- Just something I heard about. Yeah, that's the ticket- something I heard about. Yeah, somebody else. Yeah.

Say- anybody want to buy an Enfield? Has the rare wartime asphalt camo finish on the front sights.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=493000&catid=5821

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Talk about bad luck :eek:

I'll give you $100 for it. :D

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Tex- You're kind. WHAT kind we can discuss later. :p