World Domination Logistics

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

So hypothetically, since this forum does not endorse world domination, if one hit the lottery for fifty million dollars, how would one parlay that into world domination?

Could one, say, get a private island and a rogue nuke?

Understand, I'm not suggesting that I endorse world domination, but view this merely as an exercise in the logistics of world domination.

Thoughts?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, since the going price to buy a politician or a judge is MUCH less than a million $$$, you could have quite a shopping spree. :rolleyes:

3. Yunus

Yunus New Member

It would take a whole lot more than $50 million. Think of all the people that have access to more than $50 million, someone would have taken over already. Even $50 Billion probably isn't enough. Now if you just want to dominate a country, $50 million is plenty depending on your choice.

4. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Yeah, but $50 mil is the start point. You're supposed to be an evil genius. Work with it.

How do you come up with the cool volcano lair?:cool:

5. user4

user4 New Member

I can't reveal my plans publicly, but I will say that Israeli commandos play a part and Saudi Arabia becomes a theme park. Just saying.

6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Cool volcano lairs, while cool are also cliche. I would buy Sealand. Use that as a base of operations. Probably get into arms trading or invest heavily in oil and then buy an old Russian sub or something and sink a bunch of oil tankers. I probably just turned my $50 million into a couple Billion as the price of oil just went to above $250 a barrel.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

See, now you're thinking.:D

8. user4

user4 New Member

I started my plans with Sealand about a decade ago, but it is virtually indefensible against girl scouts in rubber rafts.

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Today is a good day, as I've learned something new.

The Sealand concept is do-able.

If, as leader of your own micronation, you declared war on France, surely you'd have all the support you could ever dream of from the big boys, since even the French don't like France.

Now the thoughts cascade.:D

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So, I got $50 million in a lump sum? Or I am getting payments over 25 years? Because that will determine how I go about this....

First thing you need to do is drop off the grid for about 6 months - no contact with anyone that knows you. Keeps the free loaders from jumping on board with your plans and gives you time to plan where.

The usual base of operations, an isolated island, would be a poor choice in my mind. Too easy to carpet bomb back into the stone age if you became a serious threat. Plus a naval blockade would seriously hamper your efforts of importing whatever wasn't natural to your Island.

I am thinking a high rise in a "traditional society" like structure. China would be great, Beijing perhaps, but the Government would be too much hassle. Japan perhaps??

Eastern Europe would give you good access to Cold War grade weapons and gear, but then you are in the EU and well, who the hell wants an evil lair there?? :eek:

This is going to have to be a work in progress as I am working today and should be doing my $100K reporting.....

JD

11. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I'm not a leader, but I'm a kick *** second in command. I'm fiercely loyal and don't mind getting my hands dirty.

So if any of you evil overlords needs a trusted lieutenant, a ruthless chief of secret police or something like that, just e-mail me.

This thread reminded me of this old list: Peter's Evil Overlord List

It's full of priceless knowledge.

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Many states allow you a choice of annuity or lump sum, with the lump sum being smaller.

We'll work under the assumption that after taxes, child support for that little ba****d you sired during a night of drunken passion in Thailand, etcetera, that you have $50 million.

Say you drop $1000 on that pedigree cat that you'll stroke as you plot.

Say you can get Sealand for $20 million, and you buy $20 million in gold to back your own currency.

Am I correct in thinking that my Dillinger Dollar is now worth more than an American Dollar?

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am no economist, that is really bkt's area, but I would have to say if you issued $20 Million Benning Dollars and you had $20 Million in Gold to back them, you money would INSTANTLY be worth more than just about anyone's on the planet - so that would be a huge benefit right off the bat.

Now, the Sealand Idea I just can't get behind. I'm sorry, but an isolated platform out in the middle of the Ocean is just Screaming for an SBS/SeAL Team invasion to me. They blockade you with ships, well out of range, and wait you out until you are out of food, or out of your mind with cabin fever.

I think anything that is isolated, even built under a mountain just makes it too easy for your enemies to bring you down.

Have a high rise in Tokyo on the other hand, you have about 10,000 escape routes - you have immediate access to everything you need to survive should you have to leave the lair, and you can keep an eye out for Westerners looking to do you harm.

Stage one, I kill the cat. I hate cats and an evil ruler should have a real pet that invokes fear. I am thinking I'll have a Pterodactyl. :D

14. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I feel the exact same way. At work, I hate being in charge of something but put me as the no 2 guy and I can provide great ideas and implement plans and follow directions really well. Put me in charge of the same thing and all of a sudden I can't decide the best course of action.

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

If I use Sealand as a piece of real estate to be able to call it a nation, but reside in a Panda forest in China, nobody dares to bomb me. I see the J.D. logic.

If I train my bikini assassination brigade entourage (B.A.B.E.s) using surplus C&R Mosins, I should have enough left for the pet mongoose, infinitely cooler than the cat.:cool:

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Your hired. I will put you in Charge of Homeland Security. REAL Homeland Security. And Immigration, since you will be well versed in immigrating yourself to our new nation, you can shore up any holes we have in that little cadre. :D

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's thinking with your dipstick Jimmy!

I like it. Okay, Sealand is back on the table, but only as Real Estate.

I think we can save money on arms and munitions if we just barter with the existing Superpowers as to whom we will side with first. :D

We can also sell sponsorship on the B.A.B.E.S. "uniforms" to companies more in touch with our world goals. Haliburton, I am sure, would like to have some positive press. :D

18. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'll second Francisco, but only after he posts his evil laugh.

It is important to do these things correctly.:cool:

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

As a fledgling nation, I think it will be in our best interests to have faux interest in the UN. Get them to give us some aid, have them court us a bit and make use of that before we go crossing any lines into the Nuclear World.....

20. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I just want world leaders to visit the palace and bow to me.;)