Working on a Beretta Model 1934

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by Hurryin' Hoosier, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hurryin' Hoosier

Hurryin' Hoosier New Member

I'm thinking about buying a Beretta Model 1934 from which some putz pulled the lanyard loop. It wasn't cut off. It was pulled out of the frame, leaving two little holes. I've looked all over the Internet and can not find a replacement loop, but believe I could probably fashion one, myself. If I were to make it out of a heavy wire slightly larger than the holes, how hot would I want to heat the disassembled frame in order to tap it into the holes? (Obviously I wouldn't want to get it hot enough to mess up the temper.) Any thoughts?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Make your replacement- slide in fit. Then use side cutters to groove the shank of the loop so that grooves will be inside the frame of the pistol. Coat with Loc-Tite Red, tap into place. It should stay there.

3. Hurryin' Hoosier

Hurryin' Hoosier New Member

Sounds reasonable. Thanks!

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

This will work or find you some tig wire just a little bigger in diameter. Cut to length then shape it to size you want. Grind down outside edge until still just and i do mean just barely bigger than holes the lok tite it w red tube and tap it home w a rubber mallot/hammer

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did