Work boot suggestion?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jstrong, May 30, 2013.

1. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Well its time for new work boots,and I usually go for the same boots every time. But with this job I'm at now we work long hours every week and am thinking about investing in some high-quality,comfortable boots to keep my feet and back from getting fatigued after 10-12+ hour days in the construction industry.

I've been looking at carhartt stichout boots and a few danner boots,willing to spend up to 200$, maybe more. I prefer lace-ups,and steel toes.

Anyone have a miracle boot or brand they won't go without on those long days?

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Redwings have served me well for many years now. i have lots of back problems and even with high dollar boots, my legs still hurt at the end of the day, but somewhat less if i wear my Redwings. another thing to invest in are good insoles. i wear them out monthly! but i can tell the difference in them for sure.

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Seek SSD , MENTAL...! Eeeek.! ;)

4. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I've heard mixed things on redwings,my best friend since childhood who is in the same work wears redwings,says they are very comfortable. But he has had problems with soles coming loose or wearing out prematurely with some model boots of theirs.

That said ill probably stop in the local redwing store and see if they have them in Alien sizes (15 or 14w)

5. Axxe55

some of the soles coming loose could be the environment you work in too. years ago when i mechaniced in the oilfield, some of the stuff i was around would trash a pair of boots pretty quickly. i was constantly buying boots because the soles came llose or the stitching wouldn't last.

6. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Ive had good luck with redwings an there other brand worx
    Useing a pair of Justin roper work boot now there real comfy no steel though

7. Axxe55

i have had many jobs where i was required to wear steel toe boots. my preference now, is i won't wear them anymore.

8. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I have been wearing redwings since I started working in a factory when I was 18. Im only 24 right now but I work 8-12 hour days, 5-7 days a week and I love my redwing boots. I always get the same model boot and a nice set of insoles.

9. racer_x

racer_x New Member

I dont plan on ever buying another pair of steel toes lol would if a job depended on it

10. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I have to agree Axxe, Redwings are an excellent work boot, pricey but worth every dime, especially since they can be sent back to the company for refurbishment (at least they could be when I wore them).

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

12. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Danners wear out fast. Red wings hurt my feet, Ariat kills them too Justin's have gone downhill or me. Wear out fast and not comfortable. . Lol. I wear "worx" by redwing. What's my company sends when we order. Throw a good set of insoles in and good to go. I walk steel 12 hours a day.

My current pair is wore out and needs replaced, but still somewhat comfortable after about 8 months of work. Good for out here.

I wear a size 14 too Jstrong. I hate steel toes but have to wear them. They have saved my toes too.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  13. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I had two pairs of redwing boots each only lasted 6 months. I wear Caterpillar boots now they are just a "licensed product" so I don't know who actually makes them. The first pair lasted 1 1/2 years this pair is at 2 years old and shows no sign of needing to be replaced any time soon. They only cost about $90 so even if I have to replace them its not as bad as the redwings.

14. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I also have had good luck with Caterpillar boots. One pair is my motorcycle riding boots; I have another pair that has lasted through two Pennsylvania winters. Both pair have held up well, and I find them comfortable.

15. dcilten

dcilten New Member

5.11 makes great boots, Bates as well. I'm not sure how well they would hold up for construction work, but 16 hr shifts at the prison they remain comfortable.

16. AR10

AR10 New Member

Glad you got on work release, should get parrol soon. Lol

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I wear Bates military boots out on the farm. No good on concrete though- not enough cushion I guess. In the shop I am now wearing a brand called Hytest with some fitted insoles. They are working out very well indeed. A few years ago I had a good experience with Wolverines for many years. Redwings were great for a few years but I got a couple of bad pairs I guess and haven't tried them again.

18. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

I am another of the die hard Redwing fans here. That is all I wear for work boots. My current pair is on year 13 I have had the soles replaced once and that is it.

19. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Which model number boot do you wear?