Work bench vise?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by rccalzadilla, Aug 18, 2011.

1. rccalzadilla

rccalzadilla New Member

What is the smallest workbench vise size for AR15 M4 project?

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Just curious, what will you use the vise for? Good chance you won't need one.

3. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

One like this will work fine or you could go bigger.
    3" Swivel Vise
    I agree with Quentin, it is not needed unless you want it to hold the mag well block & lower while you mount the upper on it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  4. rccalzadilla

rccalzadilla New Member

Lower receiver parts and grip?

Recommendation for lower receiver (.154") parts and grip?

My objective is to get quality even it if costs " a little more".
    I want something this forum would be proud of.

I hope I don't come across as being boastful but realize sometimes it's better to pay a little more for something truly better. I don't wear a Rolex, I sold it a long time ago.

5. rccalzadilla

rccalzadilla New Member

Perfect. I have a Harborfreight very near me.
    thanks

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Stag and Daniel Defense LPKs are very good, about $65-79... The Magpul MOE pistol grip is hard to beat for $20.

7. rccalzadilla

rccalzadilla New Member

Ordering strategy?

Should I shop around or just order all my AR15 M4 parts from one place?

8. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Shop around, I find lots of stuff on Amazon. Amazon often offers free shipping on orders of $25 or more, that is always a good deal.

The Global Sportsman lots of goodies on Amazon.

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I shop around but do try to bundle things together to save on shipping. If you buy from many vendors, shipping costs add up. You just have to figure it all up and in the end try to get the best products for your money, including shipping and taxes.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Rock River Arms: RRA Lower Receiver Parts Kits

RRA LPK #AR0120ER; Lower Receiver Parts Kit, Single Stage Trigger, ERGO Grip Right Hand Black

The Ergo Grip is the best AR grip I have wrapped my grubby fingers around. No finger grooves to force your fingers into!

[​IMG]

11. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Go to Sears, Tractor Supply or Northern Tool and get a Heavy Duty 4" Vise for around $45.00
    Then get a thick nylon cutting board and make you some Protective Vise Jaws using the screws in the vise to attach them. Just countersink the holes a little. You can mount it on a board using carriage bolts from the bottom up and washers wing nuts to tighten the vise on the board. Followed by, get you two 4" clamps and you can clamp the Vise and Board to a table or work bench and it is totally portable. It is heavy enough to even barrel rifles.