WooHoo! I'm the first one here.

Discussion in 'Michigan Gun Forum' started by GirlsOfFire, Feb 17, 2012.

1. GirlsOfFire

GirlsOfFire New Member

That never happens to me! Just wanted to say hello to all my fellow Michiganders and I can't wait until this gets rolling. My name is Erin and I have founded a fledgling new group called "Girls of Fire" that is a group for all women (and the men who are supportive of them) who enjoy firearms and shooting sports, whether it be for the purpose of hunting, entertainment or self defense. I look forward to participating in the forum here.

2. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Welcome from Cadillac. I guess this is just getting going here?

3. boltaction

boltaction New Member

rsfrid, GirlsOfFire, hello from Mecosta. Hey GirlsOfFire do you have a website?

4. Joe Haller

Joe Haller New Member

Joe Haller from UP here at Sault Sainte Marie. Too cold right now, but we got a bunch of matches coming UP this year. We starting off each season with a GUN SHOW. This year it will be on March 31 & April 1.

5. RevDerb

RevDerb New Member

GirlsOfFire, I welcomed you over on MGO earlier. Welcome to all of us from the tip of the mitten in northeast lower. Are you Michiganders or Michiganians?

6. vincent

vincent New Member

Link us up!!! Have a site? FB page? 'Sup Frid!! Where ya been?

7. Charyoutree

Charyoutree New Member

I live in NC now but lived in Alma, MI, for 6 years. Miss having four seasons and the trout and salmon fishing.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

8. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Member

Down here in SW Michigan by Fennville. Just north of South Haven. I have my own shooting range in my back yard. Open 24/7 rain shine or pitch black at night. Whatever needs testing for reloads is usually done right away, whether it's 2PM or 2 AM.

9. GirlsOfFire

GirlsOfFire New Member

Hi all, I'm living in the Saginaw area currently. We don't have a website...yet. Will have to find someone to do that for me, I'm not THAT computer savvy. I do have a Facebook page....Girls of Fire...come on and check it out! Michiganders/Michiganians....lol....I have no clue what the correct terminology is! Guess I'm a mitten kitten! Thanks for the welcome all!

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Mitten Kitten :)

Sent my wife over to your facebook page and she sent a friend of hers over too.

11. Charyoutree

Charyoutree New Member

When I lived up there I was told in no uncertain terms that it was Michiganders and that Michiganders are either Yoopers or Trolls.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

12. Joe Haller

Joe Haller New Member

I like "Kitten in the Mitten". That one is new to me. Kind'a hints at the fact there are some Pretty Women down there below da Bridge. Then there are the Men down there: Little short legs and green skin. Warts on their noses and funny looking shoes. TROLLS. Them guys look funny running around on da Bridge, trying to catch our Billy Goats. I read in da local paper dat they ain't caught a Billy Goat yet. Can't run fast enough. Legs to short.

Joe Haller :)
    Chippewa County Shooting Association
    Come on UP when the snow melts. We got some rifle, pistol and shotgun matches you need to attend.

13. 10-22Plinker

10-22Plinker New Member

I added you to my facebook page yesterday.

"MittenKitten". I love it, and will start calling my Wife that! :D

14. youngd7

youngd7 New Member

Hello my brothers and sisters in arms!!! Bay City MI here!

15. cline

cline New Member

Sterling Heights here

16. Secondhand_Hero

Secondhand_Hero New Member

Howdy all! Southwest Michigan here, long time shooter with a college kid budget..

17. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

I'm here. So be nice.

18. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of moving from Cedar Falls, Iowa to the Three Rivers, Michigan area.

19. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

I didn't realize there were so many forum members in MI!

Perhaps, since there are likely a proportional number of firearms activists, someone that is a long time resident of the state can explain to me why you still have a firearms purchase permit (for handguns)?!? What are you doing? Imitating California?

20. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

One step at a time :)

Get that CPL and make life easier!