Woo Hoo! I got my Christmas gift early 2014 Silverado

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by QueenGlamis, Dec 5, 2013.

1. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

I know it is not gun specific, but this beauty will get us to any shooting spot for target practice!

Traded in our 99 Suburban on this beauty. I love it, Chevy made the 2014 soooo nice. I know I know buying new = mad depreciation, but the peace of mind of no repairs and everything except tires and gas is paid for for several years is awesome! Chevy had some great deals like 2 years free maintenance, 5K+ in incentives, this was less than the leftover 2013's they had and most of the decent used inventory. :cool: So we couldn't pass it up.

Happy Holidays!

Attached Files:

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice truck! Congrats

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Bail Out Buggy. :p

4. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Congrats! nothing beats the "new Ride" feeling

5. InDefenseofLiberty

InDefenseofLiberty New Member

Why you buying Government Motors? You do realize the blind eye we turn to government overreach its part of the problem right?

Oh and just to clarify, I WAS a dyed in the wool Chevy guy till the bailout and subsequent takeover of GM.

6. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Very nice. When I get my '69 done I am going to paint it that color or very close to it.

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Very nice truck. I just bought a 2007 about a month ago. It was still like brand new. Great trucks. I love Chevy.

8. SB777

SB777 New Member

Nice wheels! Enjoy and congratulations. Reminds me of when I needed to get a new battery for our 1978 Oldsmobile. Drove by a dealer on way to the Auto Zone and stopped when I saw a sign for 0% interest on leftovers. When I got home and the wife asked if I got a new battery I said yep and a new set of tires, new seats, new engine and everything else. Got a new 1983 Olds. Couldn't pass it up.

9. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

Thanks all! We are Chevy loyal, at this point in time every car mfr out there is cozy with the good ol govt, probably in ways we will never know.

I love this truck! the cab is so quiet, touchscreen is bad ass, heck even the tailgate has drop assist. You unlatch and it floats down. Good on gas, switches to V4 when cruising.

A HUGE THANK YOU to my amazing husband that "fixed" my old Burb much in the way SB777 described. :D

Attached Files:

• BB1.jpg
      BB1.jpg
      File size:
      30.3 KB
      Views:
    • BB2.jpg
      BB2.jpg
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Views:
    • BB3.jpg
      BB3.jpg
      File size:
      29.6 KB
      Views:
    • BB4.jpg
      BB4.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
  10. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

Nice truck! All four of the vehicles that I have owned have been either GMC or Chevys. The only one that I didn't like was my 98 s-10 and I beat the hell out of that little truck but it just wouldn't die.

11. stratrider

stratrider New Member

Congrats QueenG. Whoa... A bow tied on a bow tie.

12. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Now you need to get some dents and dings in it so it looks like a REAL pickup truck! Nice ride man, hope you enjoy

13. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

Now now, we happen to have a few off road toys that get the dings, dents and scratches not the truck. :p I am still in disbelief that my husband pulled the trigger on this truck for me. It is incredible. And for a "half ton" (always had 3/4 ton) it is rated to tow 10K pounds and 2000 pound bed weight.

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

congrats on the new truck. i am not a huge Chevy fan, but that is a nice looking truck though. i love the color!:D

15. racer_x

racer_x New Member

wooooohooooooooo

More payments lol

16. AR10

AR10 New Member

What's a Silverado?

O yeah, that old Kevin kosner movie. John clease was pretty good in that as an English sheriff.

(Enjoy the truck, just paid off my last truck, after a lifetime of one vehicle payment after another, I have decided to get off the payment book merry go round.)

17. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Why did you not like the s 10? I love my 98. She is rough looking with 240000. But still going. I love the way the 1998 2002 S10 look.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  18. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

Thanks for the info, ours was built at the IN plant, not in Mexico though. :D

We'd been off the payment merry go round for 3+ years. It was nice. BUT what wasn't nice is the breakdowns, $$$ spent in upkeeping older vehicles and the fuel money. Hubby got a new job about 25 miles away last year, it was literally cheaper to buy a new commuter car (Chevy Sonic) than pay gas and repairs on his Dodge Dakota (I think it was a 94?). Then in the past few months my Burb (99) started just falling apart. At 1st it was not that big of a deal, then the radiator cracked, we paid 200 and put in a new one only to have the dreaded white smoke from the tailpipe, yep blown head gasket. That was the final straw for me. So we hopped on the merry go round, but at least we are riding it in style LOL.

19. 1411

1411 New Member

Glad to hear. Sweet ride, wish I had one to be honest with you.

America f*** yeah!