Won't Shoot?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by HKSlinger, Oct 23, 2010.

1. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

Are there any guns, in any of your collections that you WILL NOT fire? I don't mean because of a safety issue, but because it would bring down value,its never been fired etc.. I like to shoot, and think it would be a blast to shoot those old guns.

2. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Just one....

[​IMG]

(j/k)

3. patret

patret New Member

I have one rifle I consider to valuable to fire. It is a original Krag sniper rifle in 6.5 mm.

patret

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Is that yours? Or did you take that pic at the Springfield Armory Museum?

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I only have one that I won't shoot. Mainly because it has never been fired, and if I fire it the value would be affected.

It is my 1937 Colt Ace .22lr. Mint, unfired.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Theunsb

Theunsb New Member

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

8. Highpower

Highpower New Member

I take it you didn't see the (j/k) under the pic? :D

In reality, I do have a Mark 1 rifle (far left), three magazine pouches, a bolt pouch, and a couple of boxes of original ammunition. No device though. I don't have your kind of money to throw around. :p

All I have are shooters...

[​IMG]

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

DANG!!! I was SO hoping you had one. I've never believed they were ALL destroyed. So somehwere, there is an attic with a box full of weird stuff in it that the owner can't identify.

Nice rifles, too!

10. Highpower

Highpower New Member

I actually did see one listed for sale several years ago. Asking price was 60K.
    Just a little bit out of my league....

11. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

I see a couple wrenches on the table, and a rifle,some pistol rounds? What are the other things? One looks like an extra bolt in the pouch?:confused:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

You are looking at the rarest piece of US Military equipment in existence. Rarer than a Luger in .45, or a Savage Trials .45. Trendsetting, evolutionary, portent of things to come.

Keep looking......

13. Highpower

Highpower New Member

The pouch on the right was be to worn on the soldiers belt to give him a place to store the standard bolt from his rifle when it was removed from the gun in order to install the Pedersen device.

This was a SECRET project during WWI. The US Congress wasn't even aware of its existence. :eek:

Here's the story:

Pipsqueak Pistol That Never Was

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  14. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Those are some sexy rifles, they just don't make 'em like that any more. I have this sudden urge to go out and buy some more.:eek:

15. Highpower

Highpower New Member

The old war dogs will live on far longer than I will that's for sure. :cool:
    But I'm not ALL old school ya know! ;)

[​IMG]

16. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I'm glad to see you finally put the M14 in the middle place of honor. :D

17. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Well of COURSE!

Time-line had nothing to do with it.... :D

18. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

Wow. Good read. Well,I can die now,I've seen everything! Ya know,now that I think of it, I'm only about 3 1/2hrs. out from St.Louis,if you ever change your mind about shooting it.........PM me. :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have two I don't shoot. But it's nothing to do with value. One is an old 12 ga. that was my Dads. I have other shotguns so I really have no reason to shoot it. I would like to see about getting another stock for it, the one on it has been cracked a while.

The other is a little FIE Derringer. I bought it of a little old lady (really!:eek:) that I was a little afeert would use it and I just didn't think it was a very safe weapon for her. I was able to find her a little 38 spl. that fit her needs much better.She was carrying that trigger guard-less Derringer in her apron pocket:eek:.

I am not one that likes safe queens all that much. Not that I think some don't deserve the honor. It's more a I don't have a lot of money so I don't have anything worth that kind of status. I do have one of the Jovino Effector Model 25-2 Smiths I don't shoot much. It's supposed to be pretty rare but I really don't know how rare. And it's just too much fun to shoot.

20. Highpower

Highpower New Member

So how about posting up a pic or two? I would love to see it.
    The Krag is just one of the many empty slots in my wish list. ;)