Wont be going there anymore..

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by bruce101, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bruce101

bruce101 New Member

Can't Believe they would say something like that..

Attached Files:

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It is posted on the internet so it MUST BE TRUE, right?

I am not going to lend any credence to this, for now. I don't drink overpriced Starbucks coffee anyway.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I bet if the military was buying it, it wouldnt be a problem .

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

5. willshoum

willshoum New Member

supporting the War.......

To all you scum in the congress that supports war and fail those that fought your wars, shame on you, hells coming to pay a visit and your name is first on the list......Theres a difference between suppporting a war and then supporting the men that fight these wars.......:mad:

6. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

The cowards who sent in their youth to do battle while they rape the world of the profits.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Absolutely true. But might I say "men and women".

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Warriors :)

9. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

If I'm going dislike a company, I want to be sure it's for the right reasons. In this case, $4+ coffee is plenty of reason by itself.
    Whenever I get one of these "This company sux, pass it on" e-mails I always try to do due diligence before I consider forwarding it on. More often than not, if they aren't an outright fabrication, they are a misstatement/misinterpretation of the facts.
    I'm wrong often enough as it is.:)

10. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Can't believe that thing is still going around :rolleyes: Although I do commend Starbucks for not caving in and allowing gun owners to carry in their establishments.

11. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I do not really like Starbucks anyway and especially since there decision to not to allow ccw citizens in there establishments but this rumor was not and is still not true.. This rumor dates back to 04 i believe.

http://news.starbucks.com/about+starbucks/myths+facts/militarydonations.htm

I just read some things on the starbucks website and all I found was that they do not permit open carry in there stores , didn't say anything about ccw .. Does anyone have more insight on this ???

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Starbucks allows ccw where it is legal. They refused to cave in to anti gun demands when they boycotted Starbucks. I and several others I know went to Starbucks on the day of the boycott and let them know we appreciate their stand.

13. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

They allow open carry too, last I checked.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

I don't remember the exact thread, but it involved people OCing at starbucks on valentine's day, to counter protest anti gunner's boycotts. I mentioned in that thread the very subject brought up in the OP here, about Starbucks basically disowning America's bravest.

Another member asked me if I knew it to be "fact or crap" basically. So I did a little digging...

And I found it to be crap. Of course, without speaking to the CEO of starbucks and/or the troop that SUPPOSEDLY wrote the letter to starbucks, no one can be absolutely 100% certain.

But all of the stories, articles, discussion and so on that I've been able to find have all pointed to it being a simple antagonistic smear campaign by a disgruntled former employee or customer. I could not find the least bit of evidence supporting this claim that they have turned their backs on America's troops.

If I enjoyed paying $6 for a cup of coffee, that I could make better at home for mere pennies, I would be sitting in Starbucks right now instead of at the local library with my thermos.

15. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I know when I was in the Sandbox we has a $HITLOAD of Starbucks coffee running around.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Amen to that :eek:

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

Trolling.

Plus its a political topic. Has no business in the ccw subforum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.