Women: This stuff just ain't their thing!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by CHLChris, Aug 18, 2012.

1. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I love my wife!

Any thread that starts that way must have a...

BUT...

There are two things she is just NOT good at.

1) Moving furniture with me. Guys just seem to know how to move a desk together or a chair or something that takes teamwork. I've never met a guy that didn't know how when to turn, when to swing, how high to lift, when to put one end down. But my wife just doesn't get it and I've never met a good furniture-moving woman.

2) Directing me while I'm backing up the truck with a trailer. She doesn't know where to stand, can't figure out what to do with those hands, and doesn't seem to get the concept of standing in a place where I can see her.

I think it is the spatial stuff that happens to be in the guys' wheelhouse. We can build a kitchen together, pay bills...whatever...but something about trailers and moving furniture are the only things that really get us arguing.

Good times at a campground when we first arrive...

2. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Maybe it's not all women, but all the ones I've met seemed incapable of rational thought.

3. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

My woman says: "I don't like guns. Guns should be outlawed. I don't have any use for guns." I asked her if she would feel better if she were made a slave.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Okay, time for a little advice (okay, opinion):

COMMUNICATION!

I never have a problem if I explain things to her before I begin.
    The problem is that she doesn't retain the info and has to be "retrained" every time. :)

5. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

Mine asked me once to get rid of my guns for the sake of the kids.That was a very short argument and probably the only one I've actually won. I told her to basically go take a flying leap.
    My son is now badly addicted to fishing and hunting while my daughter does a little bit of fishing now and again.
    If you get your kids used to guns and hunting and fishing so that it's seen as a normal part of life then it makes the kids more understanding of how life really works instead of how the anti's promote it.
    Nature can be beautiful but it can be very cruel as well,regards

6. opaww

opaww New Member

I don't know much about females today because I traded my ex-wife for a cheep bottle of whisky and a pack of smokes 12 years ago. I do what I want and no one complanes.

7. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

I feel your pain on the trailer... my ex wife was so bad at helping me, I got to the point with the boat trailer of creating visual aids to help me. It was a tight fit in the garage, and I got so good at backing a trailer, friends would request my help ;) Don't get me started on the rear steering of the IB boat, LOL.

My beautiful SWMBO hasn't had to deal with a trailer, so I don't know.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i understand the trailer backing thing. whenever my wife helped me back up to a trailer, my bumper paid for it! i am much better off doing it myself, as there are less dents in the bumper that way.

both my ex-wives didn't really care for guns and didn't even want them in the house. one of them even went so far as to make an ultimatum, "either the guns go or i go". notice i said ex-wives!

9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Give it time Chris, you'll discover many more things she simply can't do...

The wife and I just had our 21st anniversary but back before we married I took her Steelhead fishing with me on the 4th of July. We had a BBQ planned for that evening and I confidently told the host to not worry about a main dish because we'd be bringing a Fresh Steelhead or 2.

So I've got nice Steelie on the line, about a 12 pounder, when she offers to "net" the fish? There was another a guy there who's head snapped around...our eyes locked in a shared and knowing look of mutual concern but... at 19 I suppose my libido got the the better part of my judgement...and she did look damn good in the bikini she'd worn to the fishing hole...

This error in my judgement nearly ended a great marriage before it started. Of course she lunged the net at the fish, hit the damn thing in the head, stunned it and wrapped my leader up in the next which...as expected snapped...sending my BBQ bragging rights floating down the river...:mad:

The next 4 hours were spent in silence...except her whining that the rocks were too hot, were gonna be late...you should have TOLD me how to do it...Ect,Ect,Ect

I did eventually bag 1 more and we made it to the BBQ only 1 hour late BUT this early experience in our relationship prooved to me that there are just some things women should not be asked to do...and vise versa.

For some inexplicable reason I manage to screw up laundry and dishes every time I try. ;)

Tack

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  10. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Want to see something that will bring tears to your eyes. Just watch my wife try to back up her little two-horse trailer. Funny thing is, she has no interest in learning how to do it. Her reply is that at a horse show there is always someone who will do it for her.
    On the other hand, I once watched a woman driving a four-door dually back an eight-horse loaded trailer from the street down an open Mcdonalds drive-thru until her window was at the pick-up window, then sweetly ask the cashier:
    "would you take my order?" The cashier said "Yes, ma'am! Anything you want!" :)

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have actually seen some women that could back a trailer up very well. my wife isn't one of them! she has a hard time just backing up the truck without the trailer!:eek:

12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Well-Known Member

Not always true, but it hits the mark pretty well for my various Ex's:

[ame]http://youtu.be/ZblreT15iJs[/ame]

13. cj84

cj84 New Member

Real men don't need help backing up a trailer.

14. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah, that retention thing. I tell my wife that its humid in the summer, so use the exhaust fan in our small bathroom when she takes a shower. Within two months of her moving in there is mildew growing on the walls, and she complains. I've been trying to get this to stick for ten years now...
    So a week ago she says the toilet is leaking. She took a shower an hour before, ya know. So I go in to inspect and the condensation is dripping off the tank, forming a puddle.

Mistakingly believing I will get somewhere, I get the dehumidifier out, and plug it in the hallway outside the bathroom. I explain everything again, and leave for work. The dehumidifier screws up and doesn't shut off when full, and drips water all over the wood floor in the hallway, cupping the boards. Of course she didn't see this mess.

She's only turned one box of ammo green, the ammo is next to the bathroom. I've since got quite a few dessicant bags.

If alcohol prohibition comes back I'm in trouble, folks.

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Real women don't either! Where's cinderrocka ?

17. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Mine too, I once had to back her Ford escape down a 1/2 mile driveway cause she just couldn't do it. She constantly tries to look over the seats out the back window and says she can't use the mirrors. She has never tried to back a trailer but I've tried to show/teach her. It's easy, just steer towards the problem and take it slow.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

Thank you brother. This is what I've been thinking.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'll bet she can, she's pretty damn awesome!

20. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Let's be honest Fellas...all these little complaints have nothing to do with the reason we LIKE a Womans company...;)

We are wired to protect and privide...

They are wired to nurture...

Now, if we could just kill the Kardadhians and half the country's lawyers we'd be in good shape.

Tack