Women like older men but how much older???

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by clip11, Feb 2, 2012.

1. clip11

clip11 New Member

I know in general, women are attracted to older men. But usually to a point. For instance, it's totally not far fetched for a beautiful 21 year old college girl to be interested and sexually attracted to say a 30 year old man. To her that would be older, but the same 21 year old girl probably wouldn't be attracted to a 60 or 70 year old man. In fact, she probably would be repulsed by the thought of being with a man that old, though may force herself if there's enough money and/or alcohol involved. I guess what i'm asking is, at what point does "older" become a negative? Appreciate to hear from any female forum members.

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Men and women have different needs. Biologically, men are driven to reproduce. Younger, healthy, attractive (whatever your interpretation of attractive is) women are potential breeding stock. Women are seeking safety and stability for themselves and their offspring. An older male has a career, money, a home, a car, and offers much. It has less to do with physical attractivness than stability.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

What the hell? Gun forum? LOL!
    Dude, if your under 35 and can land a hottie over 21, go ahead, and good for you.

4. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Can't help ya on that one clip. My wife is 4 years older than I am. All I can say is that Robo is right, Stability and safety for her and her offspring tend to be the most important thing.

Need to add some food for thought. Women tend to mature at a younger age than men. This is a generalization, and does not apply in all cases.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  5. clip11

clip11 New Member

Yeah I understand that, but what i'm asking is since women tend to be attracted to older men, at what point does it become a negative? In my example above, I referenced a 21 year old woman who would be attracted to a 30 year old man, but repulsed by a 60 year old man. Every woman I know (im 25) thats my age would consider an older man, but by "older" would mean 28 to about late 30's. I don't know any woman my age that would want to be with a 60 or 70 year old man. Sure, they'd take his money and may use him as a sugar daddy, as long as he didn't ask for anything sexual.

6. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

I think the reason that women like older men is that the women don't have to compete with the XBOX!

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Im 10 years older than my wife..

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Well, that is completely subjective. Believe it or not, all women do not think the same. Some are into the "dangerous" types their whole lives. Some are ready to settle down with a stable man at 18. Trying to "understand" women will give you an cranial aneurism. Don't do it!

9. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Can't help you there. I am younger than my wife.

10. shadamai

shadamai New Member

I have met women from both ends of the spectrum, some who are interested in men 15 years older and some who are interested in men 20+ years younger. Personally, I usually date men who are similar in age to me, usually within 5 years of my age or less. However, I think maturity has a lot to do with women's preferences. Young women in their late teens or early twenties are likely to be more mature than men their own age and tend to be interested in men who are a little older and more mature. I don't think it would be that uncommon for a 19 year old woman, for example, to find a man in his mid to late twenties appealing. Sorry, but the drunk 19 year old frat boy making an a$$ out of himself isn't impressing anyone. My preference is within 5 years, some women prefer within 10 years...everyone is different. With anything over 20 years I think you have to look at the motives involved...I'm not saying it can't happen, but there's a reason why those stereotypes exist.

Just my opinion. I'm sure some of the other women might feel differently.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm not sure I should reveal my preferences here. When I was younger, I preferred men who were right around my age. When I was, say, 24, I wouldn't have wanted to date a 30 year old man. I married a man who was 3 years older than I was. (and he left me in 1994) My daughter has dated men 6-7 years older then her but is now dating a man her age. She is 26.

Now that I'm older in years but still very young at heart, I would prefer to date a younger man. :eek: But I wouldn't rule out a man my age or older. It all depends. I am no longer going to have more children. My kids are all raised and independent. I am looking for someone to enjoy life with now, as in vacations, adventures, exploring the world, buying and shooting guns. You know, all the things it is difficult to do when you are raising kids and time and money is tight.

So, I guess what I am saying is my tastes and needs have changed as the years and life's situations have changed, too.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Strange question for a gun forum but I'll bite. My wife is 3 years older than me. Personally I find the thought of sexual attraction to a girl who could be my daughter (say 16 years younger than me?) to be repulsive. On the other hand I do appreciate the attractiveness of a young girl. Sort of a dichotomy. Years ago a friend of mine said "You know, one of the things that I have noticed about high school girls these days is that the older I get the younger they are."

Generally girls your age are looking for maturity, if you have that you can bed all of the hot chicks you could possibly meet in a bar one night. But of course a mature young gentleman just wouldn't do that. There's that dichotomy thing again.

A 20-something girl who would accept a "sugar daddy" of 40, 50, 60 or so for money and gifts would do whatever it takes. She's not interested in you (or me for that matter and I am in the "repulsive" age bracket to 20-something girls).

One thing is that you can't fake maturity. You either have it or you don't. I know old farts who have no maturity. They do get laid though.

13. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Well there is no "motives" with me and my wife. I am 30 and she has 20 on me. We have been happily married for 7.5 years

don't worry bout it WOC. You will find the one.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, while over the 60 mark, and have been married 3 days longer than dirt, I will note that there is no accounting for taste. I have been hit on (unsucessfully) by more than a couple of young women that are in their 20's.

Yes, good looking young women, but realistically- for just a minute- you do not spend your life in the sack. What the hell would I have to TALK to a 25 year old about? Ask if she was in the same class with my oldest grandson? :p

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm 27. Most people say I look about 47. I've been hit on by a girl who couldn't be a day over 14, and a woman who couldn't be a day younger than 60. Within 5 minutes of each other.

I'm not attractive, but at last I have my hair. I do also have a pot belly though.

C3 is right, there's no accounting for taste.

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Thats the good thing about being in the sack, you dont gotta worry about much talking, lol

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Isn't that what the Internet is for? Intellectual stimulation!

18. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Amen to that brother!

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Oh yeah, I guess some people get some other stimulation on the internet. Whatever.

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

As the years go by, I'm not so sure about that. :(