Women & Jewelry

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MobileMarine, Dec 15, 2011.

1. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

I dont get ! You buy them ear rings , rings , necklaces on and on and on , Do they wear it ? 99% of the time .... no , it sits in the damn jewelry box . The wife sent me some links to some ear rings on ebay for her for Christmas . I dont want to get them and the dang things sit in a box forever .
    Anyone else in the same boat ?

2. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

My wife says the same thing about 75% of my guns. Maybe jewelry is the female equivalent.

3. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

My wife has as many guns as she has rings. Seriously, if I gave her a necklace she'd be disappointed.

4. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Nope, I get mine what she wants. Saves me time, money and hassle.

If I buy her socks it's going to do the same thing you know?

5. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

That's because you took away the yearning for it. Once they get it they have to wear it!

6. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

A lesson learned many years ago: a woman can never have enough jewlery.

Deal with this and you'll do ok with your gun collecting. :D

BTW, I collect watches too. I've got a few that have never been worn.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

my wife actually wears the jewelry i buy her. she doesn't wear them all the time, but she does on a regular basis. my wife likes jewelry and guns! :D

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

my wife is addicted to purses/bags.. she asked for another recently for Christmas. im not getting it. if she needs a bag she can go raid her tote thats full of them in the attic

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm not much into purses but I do like jewelry. One year for Christmas, my children all pitched in and bought me some diamond earings. I love them and I do wear them but only on special occassions. My every day earrings are significanly less fancy. Just because we dont wear the jewelry every day or even every week doesn't mean we don't love the pieces and have a use for them on the right occassion.

Buy her the jewelry. Same with the purses, though purses aren't my thing.

:)

10. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Buy quality jewelry and you can add it to the list of SHTF holdings. Just don't tell the wife their might be an underlying motive.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

I buy jewelry for mine, and I understand when she doesn't wear it all the time. After all, I have 5 suits, pretty nice ones. I've only worn 2 of them, both times to funerals. They can't wear all of it all the time, same as how I can't wear all my suits all the time.

12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I never got the whole jewerly thing. Your paying hundreds of dollars for a sparkly stone and shiney metal. I don't have a wife, but when I do, one thing is for sure, I'll probable have to give in and buy some for her. :D

At least there is a bright side to it (other then making her happy), if she ever says "do you really need another gun", you can say "do you really need another necklace", and I'll bet that she changes the subject really quickly. :D

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

Your on the right track man, it's a good thing to just go ahead and pick up some jewelry for a lady if you end up married to her, and here's a hint- It doesn't always have to be expensive (unless you end up married to a shallow woman) but some of the best seems to be the cheapo pretty stuff that marks an occasion, like the little kid figurine necklaces for mother's day.

But, don't try argue your way into another gun... it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission, and you rarely win an argument with a woman. Even when your right, your still wrong.

I don't argue with mine anymore. I tell her "This is what I want, and here's what I would like to give you, and if we can afford it, I want to do it." And she does the same too me. It works out pretty well I think. We avoid a lot of petty BS like arguing over new diamonds or more ammo...

14. woody63m

woody63m New Member

buy her the jewelry It's easier then arguing

15. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

As a married man I can tell you that talking to her like that may stop her in her tracks. But you'll be handling your "gun" alone for quite some time...

16. shadamai

shadamai New Member

This is true. I am not a huge jewelry wearer, but I have a few nice necklaces handed down by my relatives and have a nice pair of earrings that I bought myself. I only wear the necklaces on special occasions because they are irreplaceable in sentiment and I would hate for one to get damaged or lost doing everyday activities. (One belonged to a late great-aunt who shares my birthstone and the other was given by my late grandfather [whom I never got to meet] to my late grandmother upon the birth of their first child.) The earrings I don't wear all the time because I am afraid I might lose them at work or while outside mowing, etc. If/when I get married, I will only be wanting two pieces of jewelry (engagement ring and wedding ring.)

17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Ain't that the truth.:D

I guess you can never win then.:D Oh well. I guess I'll take trips advice and ask for forgiveness insted of permission.:p

18. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

When I bought her engagement ring it came with another ring and kinda snapped together '' cheap ass '' but I got it from one of good customers who needed boat work done and just happen to own 2 jewelry stores :D . When it came time to buy the wedding ring I just gave her the other half of the engagement ring LMAO . bets 300.00 bucks ever :p

19. BelRockRebel

BelRockRebel New Member

I am a total accessory girl! Jewelry, handbags, hair thingies, scarves, you name it! My new fave acvessories? GUNS!

Rather have a .45 than a diamond for xmas!

20. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I have been married longer than most of you guppies have been alive and I conclude you guys really need some help here!
    First of all YOU are never going to understand how your Lady's mind works no not ever-ever!! She appreciates jewelry like you do guns no matter how ludicrous this seems to you! Nothing you can say is going to change this so lets move on! She likes jewelry and I'm assuming you like lingerie (I do) so make this a win win get her both and have her model them at the same time! This has never failed to keep campfire lit in fact it has kept the flame kindled for a long time now.
    Hey next time you gups need a little fatherly advice give a yell.;)