Women and firearms

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Jagermeister, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Interesting read that is no surprise to anyone here.

In answer to the question "Why?"- because nothing says NO quite as well as a 12 g.

3. 1911love

1911love New Member

Good find Jager. I think all citizens should be familiar in the use of arms.

4. Dextersmom

Dextersmom New Member

As a Woman, I'm looking forward to the 2012 #'s!! I predict an increase each year!! :)

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Good post, Jagermeister.

Smart ladies arm themselves against the violent scumbags who prey on our society. My first wife took a gun handling course taught by a state trooper. That state trooper was the responder when my wife killed a home invader who lusted after her body.

6. CapnJack

CapnJack New Member

:eek: Holy crap! the stuff really went down and she ended up killin the guy? Goodthing she knew enuff to defend herself!! These stories usually end up with the scumbag guy committing the crime!

7. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Thanks for sharing. I grew up shooting with my Dad and Grandpa and our 9 year old daughter has a 10/22 and knows about gun safety.

8. Whitewalker1911

Whitewalker1911 New Member

Haha well put.

I would also add that many of us enjoy it as a hobby in addition to self defense. I leave all my stress on the range when I go shoot for a few hours, twice a week. It's cathartic, just like archery is for me, as well. A lot of people don't get that, but hey, their loss.

9. WitheringRose

WitheringRose New Member

Why are people so fascinated about women carrying? The other day I went shooting with my brother and I felt like I was Megan Fox at a football game.

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Simply because it has traditionally been a "man thing". I mostly go shooting alone. For a woman to go into the range without a man certainly gets one some funny looks. I can't tall if they're looks of admiration of looks of 'what you doing here'? I don't care. I just start shooting at that target and show them 'who's boss'. LOL

11. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

That's awesome.. It's a shame that in this day and age that there are people fascinated by such a sight!
    Big ups for being who you are..

12. Dextersmom

Dextersmom New Member

Each time I hit the range more and more of us women are there! Love it!!

13. stratrider

stratrider New Member

The best way to make my wife mad is to go to the range without her, lol. She loves to shoot and is pretty good at it. I put her through a self defense, concealed carry course and she carries everyday. I taught my daughter to shoot at an early age and it helped her a lot in her career as a Combat Medic. Here she is holding my Mosin Nagant, down for drill recently:
    [​IMG]
    Women and guns? Like peas and carrots :)

14. HankStone

HankStone New Member

It's well known Woman are the weaker sex,that meaning the average deviate man can and will over overpower the average Woman at will.

But at the sight of a handgun in her hands turns the tide,now he is the rabbit,and please Girls shoot him or it,you will make many of us guys extremely satisfied.

"Father of Daughters and Great Granddaughters"

"Save me some AMMO use your own OK"?