Woman at Arlington Cemetery resigns

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Car54, Nov 22, 2012.

1. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Wow. Why in the world would you show so much disrespect for those who never made it home?

Blatant disregard for those who served. I don't care if she had kept her job or not. I'm at a loss here. Smh.

2. rurak

rurak New Member

Thats really disrespectful...... i have no words

3. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I am at a loss for words too. Of all the places to do that. If I would have been there I would have buried her there . It is just like that guy how was talking very loud at the tome of the unknown and was told to be quiet by the guard. It is just disrespect.
    Those men that are buried there gave us the rights we have .

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

well i am not at a loss for words! stupid and disrespectful is what it was. a cemetary that memorializes those who died in service of our country, and she thought there would be no, negative reaction to her deeds. well people need to learn there are sometimes grave consquences for their actions.

the part i read that really pissed me off, was her father had to apologise for her! wow, couldn't even own up to it and apoligise herself.

5. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Stupid, disrespectful, childish. Losing her job was what she deserved. What she did is terrible, maybe one day she will understand that, and apologize for her self.

6. Axxe55

she resigned because of the equivalent of a tar and feathering was happening on Facebook! if she was truly sorry she would have came out and done so herself, instead her father doing it for her. she's embarrassed because she didn't realize thee reaction of what people hold dear to themselves, the honor of our soldiers who had paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

She supposedly did it for the "irony", and supposedly does this kind of thing on a semi regular basis.

I call it douche baggery.

8. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

She showed her true colors - what a D-Bag! I'm glad she lost her job! I visited Arlington Cemetery this past May with my son and it was a profound experience.

9. JSStryker

JSStryker New Member

You got that right! She said she and her friend were a couple of douchebags.

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

More of the ME generation. Never taught to respect other things. The generation that never got punished and always got a trophy, just for participating....

11. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

At least some of that generation I thank you. I'm 23 there lil feller. 90% of my generation seem to be worthless....

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

had i been here to see this in person i very well would have been in prison for assault!.. that dumb, arrogant, disrespectful broad needs a new job. i think. cleaning out the sh!tters in some base in freakin antarctica!

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's why I don't go to Walmart...

And I think the only reason it's fair for her to lose her job is because it was a business trip. Any other situation, maybe not. But an ass whooping would definitely be in order.

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I was utterly disgusted to read about this. In the article I read there was this comment:

Well said Ma'am.

15. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

She got what she asked for even if she wasnt sure what that was!

16. shadamai

shadamai New Member

That is so disrespectful and inconsiderate. The fact that she then put it up on Facebook says a lot about her as a person. This woman is an embarrassment. I've been to a lot of the monuments, etc. in D.C. and even the foreign visitors who have no allegiance to our country have a lot more respect for sacred ground.

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm sure she meant it as a joke but one must know the boundaries and she definitely crossed it. Funny is one thing, disrespect is another.

18. Axxe55

exactly! she found out that many didn't share her sense of humor as well. if she had done this in a library with a sign that asked for silence, it might have been funny. but in a place where we honor those who died serving our country, personally i found it disrespectful and in very poor taste.

19. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I don’t believe she meant to be disrespectful. I believe she was just STUPID and egocentric! She didn’t see past the sign’s instruction to be quiet, to its purpose of fostering decorum & respect. Lots of people are STUPID these days. Lots of people confuse appearances with substance, factoid with fact, preferring ‘truthiness’ to truth. It was egocentric to post it on fb. To say to the world: “Look at Me!”; “Look at how I thumb my nose at authority!”; “Aren’t I special!”

While I don’t believe she meant disrespect, on purpose, the service members resting there (unlike Phelps & Co.), just to disrespect the authority the sign represented, I don’t appreciate people who should know better being disrespectful by accident either.

I expect the loss of her job will enlighten her and make her more generally aware.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012