Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by orangello, Apr 26, 2013.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

It's about dang time! I hope this doesn't get snagged on wolf huggers or red tape.

http://news.yahoo.com/draft-rule-ends-protections-gray-wolves-174153574.html

Maybe these people are finally realizing the error of their ways.

2. bigjim

bigjim New Member

You get a lot of Wolfs and Bears in Mississippi?? But I agree with lifting the ban on shooting Wolfs.

Jim

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013

3. orangello

orangello New Member

One is too many; one live, free-ranging example of either, anyway.

There were a couple of black bear sightings in my county this deer season. Strangely, they haven't been seen since.

4. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I have never seen a wild wolf in my life.

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

We have coyotes infesting the state but I still rarely see them, we hear them all the time! The only good Yote is a dead yote, same with Wolves. Bears are also starting to show up in less than deep woods areas of upstate, no love for them either,!

Way too many dorks seem to think Jurassic Park is a great Idea, I tend to think its not so good; if the arent behind bars or stuffed and put on the mantle, they arent going to do anything good for the neighborhood!

6. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I would have no desire to shoot either. Unless defending livestock or myself. There is none here so its not a problem.

7. jackrich3

jackrich3 Active Member Supporter

Being a lifelong hunter, I still can't get my head around killing just for the sake of killing, whether it is trophy hunting or "canned" hunts, or shooting small yapping dogs. Granted, a coyote takes my cat or dog, I'd have no problem taking out the 'yote. When I suffered through living in NJ, people were freaking out because of a bear in their yard. Forget the fact they built there bigass house in the woods to be close to nature. There isn't a bear problem, it's a people problem. Now, in the case of a marauding bear or wolf, you do what you have to, to survive. But when you're grazing your cattle on public lands, you shouldn't come crying when a wolf takes a cow. It's called the cost of doing business at the public's expense. Killing for the sake of killing is just bad karma, IMO.

8. WebleyFosbery38

Thats disheartening to hear, there are no real Werewolves of London, they were just lies all of those years? Next your gonna tell me there's no Vampires in Transylvania!

Your lucky, my guess is the UK once had populations of these ferocious critters a very long time ago and they are now extinct in your neck of the woods for very good reason, they are Deadly to Humans, domestic herds and pets! The fact the US Government agencies are actually re-establishing these is as stupid as it gets! Its like reintroducing Small Pox just to keep natural selection alive.

Just because I dont see the 'Yotes doesnt mean they dont effect us; they eat puppies on dog runs, Kitties out for a stroll, newborn Calves, chickens and goats and carry diseases you dont want anyone to get in your household. Weve also seen a resurgence of Wild Cats in NY and California is rife with them. They seem to find chasing and chewing hikers easier than deer, who would have guessed that?

Lions and Tigers and Bears are predators, they live to kill and eat blood filled flesh; Humans and their critters are easy and available source's of protein, either they live and we die or the opposite, I choose human life over Predator death but thats just me...

9. manta

I see what you are saying. But what do you do wipe out every creature that's dangerous to humans. In my opinion animals have the right to live as well as humans. Of Course in a situation were its a human or the animal then the animal would have to be destroyed.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  10. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Agreed.

You can correlate that to what we did to Native Americans too, encroaching on their territory.

11. WebleyFosbery38

"I see what you are saying. But what do you do wipe out every creature that's dangerous to humans. In my opinion animals have the right to live as well as humans. Of Course in a situation were its a human or the animal then the animal would have to be destroyed."

Its live or die for one or the other. The 2 Dogies in your picture dont stand a chance against a pack of Yotes or a single Brown Bear.

"You can correlate that to what we did to Native Americans too, encroaching on their territory."

Not the same, Humans and Animals are not the same at all, we expect one to eat the other, Humans must win that battle regardless of the outcome for the Animals in question. Besides, in the 21st century, occupation is not 9/10ths of the law anymore. To own territory, you must pay taxes, animals dont pay taxes.

12. manta

Yes and i would have no hesatasion shooting somthing atacking the dogs. But i wouldint shoot everything that might atack my dogs just incase.

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Some one setting in the middle of urban America on the east coast setting the rules for the real world. You don't know a Damn thing about Public Lands. What the hell do you imagine? The eastern mind set is wolves are under orders to stay on Public Lands.
    This is not Lassie these are free roaming killers that kill for control of "Turf". Private lands in the West surround and are interspersed with Public Lands. The livestock industry is the back bone of the economy in many parts of the West. When the Feds crack down on fishing you low landers go nutts. But of course that is your income. :mad:
    These animals are destroying big game herds and domestic live stock as well. They have to be controlled. The Grey Wolf is a non native species forced on the Western states by Enviro Greens.They have killed of the native wolves.
    For you "Beach Bunnies" this is a small Wyoming wolf.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

14. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Sorry. Not what I meant but I agree with your point. More the fact that the more we encroach on native territory of any species, we can't freak out and just kill them all when they wander into our lives. I want to get closer the nature but I don't want to live in fear. Can't have it both ways. When they are a nuisance or a threat, fair game then.

15. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Nice. Remember the first grey? wolf I saw in the UP of Michigan. Thing was absolutely huge standing on the side of the road. Majestic, but a killer considering how massive it was. Well fed on something.

16. WebleyFosbery38

Im guessing by the picture your in suburbia, probably dont have to worry much about non human predators from what your saying and that leads me to believe out of sight means out of mind for you. I live in a very rural area of New York, I cant afford a fence big enough to protect my property or its inhabitants from reintroduced species and they wont stay where they put them unless they are fish.

My friends and neighbors earn their livelihoods raising animals and crops, these critters must be proactively eliminated like corn borers and weevils otherwise the losses can effect the entire food chain including suburbia.

17. stratrider

stratrider New Member

Dang, that's a much bigger animal than I had pictured.

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Obviously, i would fully support a bounty system to control these errant populations of animals who have forgotten their place in the food chain. They lost their "rights" to this land when we invaded and took it.

Since this is the U.S. that shouldn't affect the subjects in the U.K. too much.

19. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

image-2440059761.jpg

Dammit moon moon!

20. jackrich3

jackrich3 Active Member Supporter

Wolves not a native species? Really? And cows are? You have a right to protect your goods on your private property. On public property, the public has the final say on what's to live or die. I have lived all over this country, on both coasts, but my sense of right and wrong never changed. But I do admit nothing beats western beef. There's just alot of big-time ranchers that are all hat and no land, that's all.