Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Just put the A3 flat top upper on my century built AR. Right up front, I do not care for the Russian ammo, but the polymer coated 62 grain stuff turned in 5 (3) shot groups under one inch center to center at 100 yards today. Not to clean burning, but accurate as heck. Beat any other stuff I had hands down. Other than cleaning, do you see any problems or possible damage to my SUR using this ammo?
Let's see, cheap, accurate, burns dirty but cleans up and might gum-up the chamber. Mmmmmmm sure sounds like sh1t ammo to me!

Shoot the stuff, hell you could be a salesman for it! I shoot it exclusively (Wolf or Golden Tiger) and have never had a problem. I do however shoot a Roamy AK Ooops I mean an SUR-47 in 7.62.

Buy what you want for PD but you said the Ruski beats it with accuracy.

I refuse to piss away $ for brass I don't need to prevent a problem I don't have!

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
I tried it out in a couple of mine at first, a Bushy and a RRA. Both had no probs with it. So then I went ahead and tried it in a Stag, a LMT, and recently in my Noveske. Again, NO PROBLEMO :D I'm starting to wonder if all the negative publicity is all hype started by the local ammo makers
I think it’s a combination of several things. Initially the bad press was directed to the lacquer finish used on earlier (much earlier) ammo. Hell they didn’t care, the gunner probably died before his rifle gummed-up anyway. As the user base shifted from conscripts to consumers, the factory needed to stay in business and looked for a more durable (read; current technology as opposed to middle age work-around) finish.

Presto, polymer was introduced which has a higher melt point than the old lacquer and solved a big part of the lacquer-gumming issue.

Come on guys, drop the snob BS and try the cheap ammo. Just let it go. If it works use it, if it doesn’t, don’t! Duh…….

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.