Wolf Spring kit in my SP101 polished trigger

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by spittinfire, Jun 25, 2010.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

So I finally put the kit in my Ruger and polished the mating surfaces. Why didn't anyone tell me that it would make that much difference?? I can't belive how much smoother the trigger is in DA and it only takes a touch in SA. My wife loves it(it's her gun) and I love it. I would highly recommend it to anyone here.

FYI, I used gray scotch bright to polish the trigger.

2. russ

russ New Member

Good to hear. I have the Wolff spring kit sitting here for my GP100. I wanted to get enough rounds through it in stock form that I would notice the difference once I swapped out the springs.

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Is there a significant change in the trigger pull weight? I'm pretty sure I'm going to want a trigger job on mine soon.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

As a reminder, be careful. You can polish too much off, but you can't put it back on.

As an added plus, things should smooth out even more as you shoot. Good job.

5. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I've been telling people about them for years-remember? They'll lower the felt DA pull 30-40%. I trust them completely.

6. spittinfire

You were right my friend. I don't know why I waited so long to put them in but I'm glad I did.

danf, you are right about polishing too much off, it's easy to do. I used gray scotch bright which is very fine and just rubbed by hand until the metal had a slight shine to it. Most surfaces only took a few strokes to clean up.

7. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Right on. I guess I'll have to put that on the list. . . let me grab another sheet of paper. . .;)

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

If I ever get a chance to get one of these I'll do just that. Good job Spitty! :cool:

9. Esteban

Esteban New Member

They are a great company to deal with !!!

10. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

I have the spring kit in mine and it made a world of difference. I also put one in my GP100. I wish Ruger would install these from the factory on all of the DA revolvers.

11. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Where did you pick up the spring kit? Been trying to get one for a while and it seems like it is always back ordered.

12. spittinfire

I actually got mine at Gander Mountain. I called and they had one in stock so they put my name on it and I picked it up an hour later. Only $14 and til I get one online for $10 and ship it I'm at the $14 or more.

13. SDiver40

SDiver40 New Member

What pound spring did you put in the sp101?

14. spittinfire

9# hammer spring and and 8# trigger return spring. The lightest hammer spring and the only trigger spring they give you.

15. SDiver40

SDiver40 New Member

Thank you very much, will have to try and find one for mine