WoC's mystery item

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Aug 21, 2015.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Well, not mine but my cousin's. Years ago her husband told her to keep this and don't lose it. But now they can't remember why. LOL. For some unknown reason, she thinks it might have something to do with the radiators in an older home rental unit they have. Can anyone help identify what this is and what it's used for? The base is a suction cup.

You all are so good on Bobski's items I thought you could identify this item.

Attached Files:

2. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

It's a golf ball.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

One of them pank golf balls.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Definitely looks like a suction cup of some kind. I'm assuming the golf ball is there just for size comparison.

5. winds-of-change

Yes. The golf ball is there for size comparison. :crazy::rolleyes:

6. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

My wife had some little stained glass decorations that were made to hang in your windows at home and they used these suction cups very similar to these.

7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

It's a reminder that your cousin is a sucker :p

8. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Spanner wrench with shield for a radiator drain?

If it's a suction cup, it could be to help lift the glass on a glass topped table. If that's the case there should be at least one more of them.

Could also have just been a joke item that he forgot about until now.

Object on right is a pink Profanity Stimulator. At least when I hit one with a golf club. :D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Clear flexible plastic thingy w/ string is suction cup, used to hang things from a glass window. The little nipple on the suction cup is used to remove the suction cup- push it aside w/ fingertip to beak suction. Works best if you rub your oily fingers over the face of the cup- oils help it seal to glass.

As said- used to dangle lightweight stuff like a suncatcher. Have a very small birdfeeder that attaches to the OUTSIDE of glass window with 4 of those.

Larger version used by Batman and Robin to climb glass covered skyscrapers. Me? I use the elevator.

10. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

Humm? You could be arrested for selling them to children? ;)

11. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Agree with the others. Light duty way to hang things on a window or other smooth surface (door?). Wonder if your cousin was told to keep "this" and lost it, leaving behind the hanger suction cup that held "this"?

12. bobski

bobski Active Member Sponsor

maybe what was tied on the string was what wasnt suppose to be lost? otherwise it looks like a suction cup thingy.

13. winds-of-change

I'll bet this is it.

14. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

It's a yarmulke for a baby's head to holkd it during his bris