WMA in Louisville Area?

Discussion in 'Kentucky Gun Forum' started by kytowboater, Oct 11, 2013.

1. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Hello y'all,

Wanting to get out and do some squirrel hunting. Sadly the neighbors won't find it nice of me using a rifle in such close quarters.

Any idea of a good place, even a place to hunt deer with a muzzle loader? Any info would be much appreciated. I'm going through hunting withdrawals and it's not a good experience.

Thanks!

2. kytowboater

Seems there is a large WMA in Georgetown. Anyone ever been there?

3. kytowboater

Shame free bump. Let it ride.

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

5. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

You could put in to hunt on fort Knox.
    Yellowbank nature reserve in break county.

6. kytowboater

7. kytowboater

I can look into that as well. Seems promising.

8. kytowboater

Guessing I need to gets bow. That way I can actually deer hunt close to home lol.

9. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

I know what you mean. I don't have a promising deer hunt area for myself.
    Most of the place I have hunted are either housing areas or property owner died and new owners don't allow hunting.
    Sent limbkiller a pm. He is from Kentucky.

I don't hunt fort Knox because I heard you are required to register your gun with them.

10. kytowboater

That's what I was reading. Idk about going there. Heck, I would be happy to take the .22 out and find some squirrels. May look into finding a place. Thing is, I don't want to interrupt a bow hunters area.

11. unclebear

unclebear New Member

knobs wma you can only hunt deer with a bow and its pretty country a lot of hills but still pretty nice then you have john c williams which has a lake but its about twice the drive as knobs and some areas are filled with briars and theres no real trails but its still pretty nice.

I could names others around the state but these are the only two ive been too I have no clue about deer hunting in john c williams I only hunted squirrel there.

12. kytowboater

Do any good on the squirrel?

13. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

14. unclebear

unclebear New Member

Nope went with my brother in law and we had to take two out of the five kids with us. Ended up getting turned around a few times and got stuck in a big patch of briars. Still fun but I hate briars, the far back parking lot trail is nothing but hill after hill, where the front parking lot you can at least walk in the low parts without too much effort but both places are still nice.