Wives or Girlfriends

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by TroyS, Sep 22, 2012.

1. TroyS

TroyS New Member

I just picked up a Sig Sauer P-239 in 40 S&W for the GF's Bday. I would have never thought of buying one for myself. How many of you would buy a gun or rifle for your girlfriend or wife that you would not normally buy for yourself.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

personally i would let the wife or GF pick out what fits them rather than just buying one for them. pistols are a kind of personal thing and if the gun doesn't fit the persons hand well, they will have problems with recoil and shooting it accurately. just my thoughts on this.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Gone are the days of "men" firearms and "women" firearms.

Walls are coming down. Women like to select their firearms.

I've had some of mine get claimed by her.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

That gun claiming is getting rampant. I have had to ransom a couple of mine by buying her a new gun.

5. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I wouldn't dare pick out one for my wife! In fact, when she was looking for her first pistol, I was a salesman making calls all over east Texas so I could shop gun stores out of our normal shopping area.

She wanted a Bersa Thunder .380 & they were hard to find back then, so I'd spend my lunch areas drooling at gun stores wherever I was working that day & then report back to her. One day she politely told me to butt out, that she'd shop for her own pistol. :)

6. PC167

PC167 New Member

My wife just got her ccw permit this week. Right now she wants to carry the sw 380 as her edc. I'm going to take her out to the range and let her shoot it next week . She may decide to carry her Lady Smith instead.

7. PC167

PC167 New Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  8. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

My girl has several. Heres her 10/22 and mosquito.and her ar :D

ForumRunner_20120922_222441.jpg

ForumRunner_20120922_222456.jpg

9. PC167

PC167 New Member

Sweet..... :)

10. PC167

PC167 New Member

Is that a pink wood stock? Because it looks pretty cool!

11. tacticalfun

12. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

yup. bought this glock 17 for my wife and had a custom duracoat job done on it. :eek:

Attached Files:

13. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

My wife has no interest in shopping or acquiring firearms of her own. She shoots more often than most LEO. She just claims firearms I have purchased for herself. She doesn't want to own a 357 mag. The only time she shoots one is when she has had a bad day. She buys a box of shells on the way home. Heads out for the range and shoots them all. At supper she is beaming. She tells me how good it felt to see the muzzle blast make the grass lay down. She likes to marvel at the clean cut holes in her targets.

14. PC167

PC167 New Member

That's awesome!

15. tacticalfun

Errr heres ours duracoated. X-works does a wonderful glock ;)

16. tacticalfun

Apparently the app crashed.

pix368665638.jpg

17. PC167

PC167 New Member

Ok, it wasn't just me.

18. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Would you go out and buy her a car without her input? A gun is much more iffy. She has to use the car to get to work, store, and other necessary places. She doesn't have to use the gun past that first hand crunching recoil. Besides, the thing weighs darn near 2 pounds empty. Where is she going to carry that thing? I hope you have either an understanding GF or a comfy couch.

19. TroyS

TroyS New Member

I picked it up for her because she had one before she met me. She told me that it was her favorite. The range I go to had some on the rental shelves. She shot the ones they had very well. Next week is her Bday. I will let everyone know how she likes it.

20. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I would feel pretty good about buying my girlfriend a P239...mostly because I'd feel pretty good about keeping it if it were unappreciated. Great gun.