Wisconsin politician question.

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Gun Forum' started by noland coons, Jun 21, 2018.

1. noland coons

noland coons New Member

As I know the republics are in now, and WI is very friendly towards guns, and gun owners, but from what I can tell, a Democrat is likely to win. For those of you have lived there a long time, what can we expect if this does happen? all CCWs striped? All "Assualt weapons banned" "Magazine restrictions" , does this state tend to grandfather in weapons already owned? How successful are the Dems when they have power to shred the 2nd, just because, or is there a major kick back?

Thank you.

2. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

You might try looking at the candidates campaign literature and see what issues they think are important. I have lived under Democrats, Republicans and some politicians who's party affiliation was indeterminate. I still have a gun collection and don't worry about the next liar who will inhabit the halls of government.

Here in Fl. we are term-limiting out a Republican governor and will probably get a Democrat governor this time around. If he or she wants to be in for more than one term they will tread lightly on gun issues. We Floridians like out gun laws just as they are.

Daoust_Nat, RKB and locutus like this.

3. noland coons

noland coons New Member

Ok, I'll see whos who, the last thing I want to do is move from western CO, just have every 2a right i have ripped about by some dumb *** Dem, I can't even believe they have a chance there, or even here in Colorado. The only good thing I see is you guys have a LONG list of gun rights, so there will be easier targets for a dem to attack, than taking away CCWs and screwing around with ARs/AKs.

4. Chainfire

Just my prediction, not my desire: ARs and AKs and similar weapons days are numbered. It won't take many more mass murders to make it happen and I see no reason to not expect more mass murders...they have become all the rage these days....

5. noland coons

noland coons New Member

You may well be right, to bad they barely account for any of the body counts, I guess if that does happen, we should hope we get grandfathered in.

6. Chainfire

There are a lot of ways it could play out. If they did it like they did with machine guns you would have a window to register and any that were not registered would be forever more untouchable. Or if the people get angry enough they may just be outlawed flat out, no grandfather, no compensation, no nothing.

7. noland coons

noland coons New Member

Why is everyone so dumb.

8. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey Noland,

[​IMG] to the Wisconsin forum here on Firearms Talk.
    You have experienced someone who's not even involved with, or lives, in Wisconsin. He's a native of an East Coast state where they don't believe most all honest gun owners are responsible folks. Consider who we now have in office as Governor, Scott Walker. He's the guy who validated 'conceal carry' here in Wisconsin when the previous governor, Jim Doyle, vetoed it twice after it passed.
    The retired "septic tank pumper" who you were communicating with has "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and only exists to stir up a cow-pie before it gets the chance to dry up and blow away. :D

ellis36 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I think the SCOTUS may weigh in on that.

mac251 and SGWGunsmith like this.
  10. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

I've lived here in Wisconsin all my life, and their is no other state that even remotely entices my departure from this state that offers what I cherish most.
    For example: Florida. It attracts some of the most decrepit characters that these United States have to offer. On the other hand, Wisconsin has an unbeatable reputation, especially up here in the Northwestern area, of "neighbor helping neighbor" that you will ever find in any of the other states.
    For example: In Florida, I know of one miscreant who has actually posted that he would shoot anybody who trespasses on his junkyard property. How hospitable is that?
    We currently have a dumbocrat governor but the legislature is stacked with very mindful, and educated Republicans who KNOW the Constitution of the United States and that of the State of Wisconsin.

[​IMG]

Oldoutlaw likes this.