wisconsin ccw

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by lonewolf101, Jul 4, 2011.

1. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I just found out I cant get a permit now! the law dont take efect untill Nov.

2. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

3. Zeppelin3k

Zeppelin3k New Member

do you know if a hunters safty cource is enough to apply for a permit??

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Wi ccw

Specifies that proof of training may be met by providing a copy of a document that indicates that the applicant completed any of the following:

A hunter education program recognized by the Department of Natural Resources;

Yep, hunter safety training certificaation will get you CCW permit in WI, 11/01/11.

5. DougB

DougB New Member

O.K........What do you submit to the WI Department of Justice (DOJ) to prove that you have passed and have been certified as a graduate of Wisconsin's Hunter Education program? I'm assuming a photocopy of a current/expired hunting license would be adequate as you cannot purchase a license without certification? What about those hunters that are old enough to be "grandfathered" in? I believe I have read that the Hunters Ed. class or other Wisconsin certified/approved class would be mandatory. This could include NRA training, etc.

I have not come across any comprehensive info that addresses a lot of questions that are still unanswered. That's probably why the law becomes effective in November so the state has adequate time to prepare.

One more thing......Do open carry laws in regards to uncased/loaded handguns, not concealed in/on motor vehicles become effective when bill is published, or again do we wait until the first of November? Has the bill been published?

Anybody care to share some documented info?

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

7. DougB

DougB New Member

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

A copy of the card is proof. What the application form requires we dont know yet as it has not been created. They have until nov1 to do so.

The law takes effect nov1 so it is currently still illegal to have uncased pistols in the car.