Wisconsin CCW passes!!!!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JonM, Jun 21, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

bipartisan vote all ammendments voted down:
    AYES - 68 NAYS - 27 NOT VOTING - 1 PAIRED - 2

9 democrats 1 indp 58 republicans YES
    1 republican not voting (stone)
    1 republican (pridemore) 26 democrats NO

goes before the governor who promised to sign it

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jon,

Congratas! To you and all the good folks of WI. Sounds like everyone needs to remember who voted for it in the next election. And remember those who did not. Isn't it amazing how most democrats vote against everything we stand for in America. And they still vote for the idiots. Oops! I am an independent did I say that! And proud to be a traditional American. But there will be a lot more of them hitting the dirt in 2012~ As they did in 2010!
    God Bless America and Let's Take it Back!:D

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

thanks its about damn time. should take effect oct/nov depending on when the signing is.

i listened to 90% on the wisgov broadcast. there were 5 ammendments by the dems and there was a consistant 4-10 dems voting to toss out the dem ammendments LOL

the one non voting didnt vote because it was not a constitutional carry. he did vote to table all ammendments

4. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Congratulations to Wisconsin. Free at last. Just work hard to keep hold of it. The agitators will be up working hard for the next election cycle.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

1/3 of the house dems and half the senate dems are pro-ccw so its unlikely there will ever be enough to repeal it. its a widely popular bill soon to be law that crosses both sides. the dems that voted no and the republican no are in real danger of losing their seats next election.

wisconsin is a wierd political state. 2 years ago the senate and house were strongly held by the dems ccw got passed the dem governor vetoed and it was one vote from overriding deciding vote was a rino repub who then lost his seat in the next primary he didnt even get a chance at re-election.

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

CCW in WI

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

I am curious how Sen. Lassa & Rep. Vruwink, the legislators for my area, voted?

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

my count of aye and nay may be off i did it by hand with the wife asking me questions ill revise it if i find a better count im not gonna squint and count again lol

9. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey New Member

This is very good news. I have not been following the everything as close as I should have didnt really here about it until I join here. Anybody got details on the laws, permits that are involved. Thanks

10. Davo45

Davo45 New Member

Excellent!

This is great news. Congratulations to everyone from Wisconsin! :D

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

permiting follows the florida model. cost 35$+13$ background check for 5 years serves as bg check for future handgun purchases. can carry oc or ccw anywhere but posted locations at owner's descretion. exempt places police stations post office (federal) anywhere metal detectors prohibit firearms court houses some govt buildings inside schools. may carry in bars and on univ campus but not inside univ buildings (retarded)

police officers are subject to 30 days in jail for harrassing legal ccw/oc permit holders as in madison cops arresting for disturbing the peace just cuz you got a gun. this was in response to numerous liberal police agencies harrassing the constitutional carry OC folks

owners of posted locations are legally responsible if crime occurs if they choose to prohibit guns. otherwords they can be sued if something happens in their please rob me location.

non permit oc is still legal but are subject to federal gun free school zone rules and can be arrested and charged in federal court ccw/oc permit over rides gfsz.

if caught without ccw/oc permit, permit holders have 48 hours to present permit to waive 28$ fine.

police can only check database to see if a permit you have is valid or not.

just some uncomfirmed things ive read on various sites so dont take this as rote. there hasnt been a good translation of the legal gobblygook.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations!

Now the really important question... do we get reciprocity here in Iowa?

That leaves Illinois as the only no carry at all state. When will they get a clue? Unfortunately, it is also the state I spend the most time in outside of Iowa.

13. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Very nice. What you don't see in these wins are all those hard working NRA, Gun owners and others that work so hard for these freedoms. It looks like a well written law.:D

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

from what i understand swords will be legal as they are just really big knives. but i could be wrong. it repeals a lot of weapon prohibitions

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

i dont put much faith in the nra. the current bill was a big effort of the various ccw/oc organizations. this version is actually stronger than the defunct constitutional carry bill.

16. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

You can be sure NRA members in Wisc. backed this bill. You are wining it is not the time to split your forces with personal gripes.:eek:

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

I just want the nra on our side which they havent been in wisconsin in the past. :( i know individual members are excellent but the leadership hasnt been so good

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

Big issue here is the local shops dont carry much in the way of holsters lol. I need a iwb for a defender sized colt new agent and a belt holster for a 1911 colt series 70

19. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

Thanks John, looked at weau web site and go nothing. Had to come here to find out it passed. Got any sites that can keep us informed? Thanks again.