Wisconsin castles

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JonM, Jul 6, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

first order of business come fall legislation term according to senator waangard is a strong castle doctrine along with stand your ground legislation also included will be legislation involving self protection vs mob assaults mainly in response to the race based mob attacks over the 4th of july in milwaukee.

FINALLY we have politicians reacting in the correct manner to violent thuggery!!!!!

2. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

It's nice to hear that they are going to work on some "castle" and "stand your ground". And there certainly should be something about self defense -vs- "wilding"...
    But I don't think I could get myself to draw down on a thug while amidst such a large group of innocent bystanders. Taser? YES!!!

3. FatPat

FatPat New Member

What if you were in danger of losing your weapon to him? What if it wasn't one, but multiples? What if you had your family with you?

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Nice to see the HUGE turn around of WI. Gives me hope, not much, but its there.

5. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

There are a lot of "what ifs" in life and I was speaking directly about the mass violence incident here in Milwaukee over the 4th of July weekend. The park where that particular incident occurred is small, surrounded on 3 sides by residential homes, is not a bad neighborhood or a nice area, and had hundreds of people gathered to watch the fireworks display that evening. I personally wouldn't carry a firearm to such an event...I generally don't go to places where large numbers of people are gathering to "celebrate" anything. The chances of there being some sort of incident are greater than I prefer to be around.

I do however go to larger, less crowded, parks in the suburbs to enjoy such events. When I do get my WI-CCWp I will begin weighing the option to carry a taser for such events. I am already doing some online product research.

I am also hoping that passage of CCW into law here will reduce the number of random violence incidents as the ruffians will have to worry about the possible consequences of their activity.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I wonder if Illinois will ever follow?

7. FatPat

FatPat New Member

You and me both brother! I don't do crowds.
    I need to do some research on the legality of tazers. I've never considered one. I seem to vaguely remember there are some restrictions on tazers in GA but I cannot for the life of me remember what they were off hand.
    I can see some utility against one attacker, but multiples... could be ugly. You should certainly do what is comfortable for you, but I, personally, want the option of a follow up shot and at least one re-load! :D

8. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

9. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Unfortunately I think we all know that won't happen...

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

18 months ago i woulda said that about wis too.

11. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Illinois seems to me, Winds, like one of the lost states. Even if everything were to start to turn in the right direction, CA, NY, IL, MA...all lost states.

Do you see change inside your state, any movement at all, that makes you see otherwise? In Chicago proper, their reflex response to any violence is removing guns from the equation in whatever manner they can.

I hope you're right. If not for Chicago politics, Illinois would probably be like your neighbor states (save-able!).

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

sad thing is that everytime illinois/chicago knee-jerks and restricts more gun rights the violence murder and rapes get exponentially worse. kinda like cops not chasing crooks in high speed chases. just promotes crime cuz all a goblin has to do to get away with it is to commit a crime police arent willing to fight against

13. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

Thats because the GOP won! if they didnt and the DEMS were still in CHARGE CCW would not of passed! just look at the States that have the DEMS in charge they are anti gun NY,NJ,CT,MA,CA and IL!!!

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

the gop didnt win. we kicked the gop out in 2008. thats why wisconsin went heavily democrat for a bit. conservatives won here in 2010 they finally got the message. if the gop was in charge in wisconsin we would still be looking for ccw and a state budget going through the roof.

there were more than a couple gop that lost their seats here in primaries to tea party conservaties. the gop thats left saw the writing in the boot and have been astudiously towing the conservative agenda

15. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Being a gun person and voting Democratic is like being a chicken and voting for Colonel Sanders...

16. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

well if the GOP didnt win in wis.then what party does the Gov.belong to? DEMS how always been against the people owning firarms! look at the States I listed and if the Dems were friendly to gun onwership then whats the deal with ILLIONS?

17. mkett39

mkett39 New Member

With Commie Quinn in office fat chance on CCW here. Not to mention our wonderful States attorney Madigan. Illinois is in sad shape and has been for some time due to Dems and the Chicago machine.
    I have always said that Springfield is only the Capitol in a visual way, Chicago is where all the decisions are made.