Firearms Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Winter VS Fall

Well, I'll tell ya what, I have been Hunting the Ozark Mountains since I was a kid, And here in Arkansas we have what is considered mild winters, but make no mistake it dose snow here come deer season, I am 40 plus years old now and in fairly better condition than most my age, I use a quad runner to do most of my getting around, but that will only get ya so far, even with three or four inches of snow it makes everything twice as dangerous and ya really got to watch your step, and keep in mind all the work and energy it took ya to get where your going through the mountains and what not, if you are successful ya gotta come back generally the same way packing a load and everything ya went in there with, so getting where you going can exhausts you, then after ya get where your going and you can rest and cool off a bit, ya start freezing all day, and that takes it out of ya to, I guess what I am trying to say is there have been times when After a successful hunt and I am only half way back to camp with my deer that I have felt like I could fall over and strait die. and the point I am trying to make is the mountains I hunt in are just hills compaired to what your talking about and the snow we get dosen't even compete with the 3-6 feet you could wake up to in Colorado!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.