Windham Weaponry?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by PrimePorkchop, Sep 6, 2012.

1. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

One of my best friends is buying his first AR15 in anticipation of Barry's re-election promise of a new, more strict AWB...he's been eyeing one for a while now and had settled on a RRA, which I thought was a really good choice, but recently he decided to swtich to Windham Weaponry.

More pointedly this one

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ndham+Weaponry+R16M4FTT+M4+A3+223+16+RAIL+30R

I'd never heard of them, so I went looking for reviews, and, as the internet is always to be, everything conflicts. I can find 500 GOOD reviews, and I can find 500 BAD reviews...so I figured i'd refer to the experts: You guys and gals.

Any opinions / experiences on Windham?

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I agree he should have got the RRA. All he got was a Bushmaster under a new name! And did not get the great 2 stage NM Trigger that comes standard on most RRA Rifles along with RRA/Hague Grips and Side Sling Swivel that is standard with most models. Oh well obviously a sales job by a dealer!:(

3. MarkAD

MarkAD New Member

I haven't shoot one yet, but they are nicely built, a good weapon. Built by the guy who started BUSHMASTER.
    A good choice .

4. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I bought one, but because of some other personal issues haven't shot it yet.

It's the ORIGINAL bushmaster management team, not the Cerberus built junk

It appears to be a very well built sport utility rifle. Proof will be in the shooting, but cleaning it, I was impressed.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Sorry. I got nothing for you on this one brother. Zero experience on this one. :eek:

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Personally, with so many unknowns, why roll the dice with a new company? Especially when the old BM wasn't the brightest harbor light.