Winchester white box in glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by marine04, Sep 29, 2012.

1. marine04

marine04 New Member

Has anyone anyone used or Winchester white box in their glock? I've heard some poor reviews on it but also heard some ok reviews. Just wanting to find a decent inexpensive target/ practice ammo to shoot at the range and don't have the cash to test them all out. Any reviews or suggestions you guys have I would appreciate and will try out. Also how does federal hydrashok perform in a glock. Need advice on a good defensive round to try out. Just got my glock 23 yesterday and looking for good ammo suggestions. Thanks guys

2. kodiak

kodiak Member

Use it all the time

3. vincent

vincent New Member

Never had any trouble with the WWB. Their HP's perform very well too according to some ballistic tests I saw recently...can't remember where I saw that at the moment...(Combat Handguns magazine maybe???) :confused:

I found a good deal on Blazer ball ammo a while back and went through every bit of it without any sort of problems. Only problem is the aluminum is not reloadable...

Federal has been good to me too, that being said, I've never known a GLOCK to be a picky eater...

Congrats on the new gun!!! :D

4. marine04

marine04 New Member

Thanks I'm pretty excited about it. I've wanted one for a long time and just so happened my buddy was selling his with holster and mag holster and trijicon night sights and let me make payments. I'd shoot it today but its raining. I almost bought a ammo can of blazer at academy I think it was 300-350 rds for 100 or something but wasn't sure I've never shot blazer. Thanks for the info I thought they pretty much would run anything but wanted to make sure.

5. vincent

vincent New Member

Only happy to help!! :cool:

6. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I use WWB in .45, .40 and in 9mm; specifically, .40 and 9mm in GLOCKs. Never had any problems.

7. oft83

oft83 New Member

I haven't posted before but I feel compelled in this case. My wife and I were shooting this evening at the range, she in the lane next to me when I heard a muffled shot from her lane. I walked over to check and she told me the fun was jammed. The slide was locked partially back and it took a few good slaps to get the slide off of her G19. This is while shooting WWB FMJ's. First problem I've had with WWB, and will probably be the last.

image-3021567566.jpg

8. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

What happened? Looks like a barrel obstruction.

9. oft83

oft83 New Member

All I can think of is one was loaded light, she said it had stovepiped the round before. The bullet was still in the barrel when she squeezed off the next round.

10. Rich1028

Rich1028 New Member

we have used over a 1000 rounds of it i our glock 23's .40
    no problems with it.

11. ROLOMALDA

ROLOMALDA New Member

I use them every time I go to the range never had no problems

12. marine04

marine04 New Member

Sweet. Just wanted to make sure. Saw some bad reviews online about them but bought them since they are NRA endorsed and I've used them in my .22. Hopefully it stops raining here so I can test them out

13. flglocks

flglocks New Member

I have had no issues using it in my G17

14. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

I use them in my G22 and G27 with no probs.

15. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Allegedly, some Glock KB's were linked to WWB ammo. I have shot a bunch of that stuff over the years w/o problems. Anyone can make a mistake in the loading process. When you make billions of rounds, there must be an oops eventually.

16. jammer

jammer Member Supporter

I also have had no problems with shooting the WWB. Wife has Glock 19 9mm and it eats em up and spits em out just fine. It's pretty cheap at Wally World and the only problem I have had is with my Browning HP. Bought a new Mec-Gar 15 rd mag and could only get in 7 to 8 rounds of the WWB 9mm before jamming up. I tried another box and they fit just fine. It acted like they were just a wee bit longer than the other rounds I had been shooting.

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have never had a problem with white box and have fired thousands of rounds. I did have a problem with CCI Lawman and blew up a gun so it can happen with any brand.

18. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I use them in my ruger and m&p9. Had two light primer strikes in 300 rounds. Otherwise no problems.

19. bikerlbf406

bikerlbf406 New Member

I have used mostly Winchester White Box, in my Glock 22....between 300-400 rounds through it, not even one hiccup or problem. I've also ran several boxes of Ultramax through it with with no problems.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  20. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

I've shot the winchester a few times, its a little dirty. I like the federal for the range.
    As far as a self defense round I use critical defense.