Firearms Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the new winchester sxp black shadow online a few days ago and I was wondering if anybody had one or currently has one and could tell me what kind of recoil it has compared to a remington 870?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My brother has an sxp and I really like to shoot it. I have only shot an 870 once and it definitely had more of a kick. The 870 left me sore while the sxp does not. The sxp does fit me a lot better though. So that may vary with you.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
They are both pump guns, with absolutely no recoil attenuating attributes. With the same shells, and the same weight and fit, they should recoil the same, but I believe the Winchester is lighter because of the aluminum receiver. Therefore, all else being equal, the SXP should kick more. Rarely is all else equal however.

·
Registered
198 Posts
They are both pump guns, with absolutely no recoil attenuating attributes. With the same shells, and the same weight and fit, they should recoil the same, but I believe the Winchester is lighter because of the aluminum receiver. Therefore, all else being equal, the SXP should kick more. Rarely is all else equal however.
Yeah I thought that, the 870's receiver ways a ton compared to modern alloy ones. I guess it depends on each guns exact configuration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts