Winchester SXP Defender Pump Shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by stag556, Jul 3, 2013.

1. stag556

stag556 New Member

I am looking for a HD shotgun and would like any opinions from owners of the Winchester SXP. More specifically your opinions of strengths and weaknesses, over other shotguns you have used.

I do not intend to hunt with this gun, it would be strictly for HD. I am also not planning on modding the gun much, however if you have found a modd that has in your opinion improved the gun please let me know.

Many Thanks

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have that shotgun. has the 18.5" barrel and 5 round magazine tube. works great. i have probably put a few hundred rounds through mine so far. it's my HD/stress relief shotgun! i actually enjoy shooting it and sometimes even carry it with me around the farm for snakes. i killed a pretty good sized cottonmouth last year that got underneath the wifes car.

so far, i haven't had any problems nor anything that i consider a weakness in it. it was priced right and i decided to take a chance on it. even my wife enjoys shooting it. all in all, it's not a bad shotgun. there are better than it and there are worse ones. i recommend it.

3. stag556

stag556 New Member

Axxe55 thanks for the response, I was searching through a years worth of threads, and saw that you had this gun. I appreciate the honest response and see that your theory of k.i.s.s. is in line with my thoughts as well.

Have a great 4th.

4. Axxe55

Stag, you're welcome. i have had mine for about two years now, and so far it's ben a pretty good shotgun and fits my needs quite well. i added a buttstock shell carrier to mine and that's it. for me, it's simple and effective for my purposes. i load the tube with five rounds of #4 birdshot and have five rounds of OO buckshot in the buttstock shell carrier.

i paid $279 for mine NIB. so far it has shot every type of ammo i have put through it with no problems. it appears to be made well and comes apart similiar to a an 870 and a 500. haven't really seen any aftermarket parts or accessories for it, but i didn't really need them anyways.

a happy 4th to you as well. if you have any questions, i'll try and answer them as best i can.

5. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Isn't this gun and the Savage/Stevens 320 the same gun?

6. Axxe55

i don't know, but mine is marked made in Instanbul, Silah-Turkey inported by BACO Inc. Morgan Utah licensed by Winchester for the Olin Corporation.