Winchester model70 22-250

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jwspivey, Jun 11, 2011.

1. jwspivey

jwspivey New Member

Hello
    im new around here and I was just wondering if someone could tell me where to get a synthetic thumbhole stock and a bull barrell for my 22-250. Any info.would be great. Thanks guys
    Justin

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Justin,Check on Stocky's Stock's website for a stock.Also look on Midway USA,and Brownell's for stocks and the barrel you want.
    There are plenty of aftermarket barrel mfg's out there.It just depends on how deep your pockets are,as to which ones will fit your budget.Shilen,McGowen,ER Shaw,and Adams & Bennet make good affordable barrels.

3. jwspivey

jwspivey New Member

thanks for the info. the stock gun is very accurate, but i want a little more out of it. make it a little lighter id like it to be in the .5@ 600 thats my goal for it

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

.5" at 600 or .5MOA at 600 that is a big whopping difference in size and price.

The WORLD record Holder for benchrest 600 yard light gun is shooting 1.071" 5 shot groups. That rifle and optics package would run you around $5 to $6k yes $5,000 to $6,000 dollars.

600-Yard World Record Light Gun

5. jwspivey

jwspivey New Member

that would be .5"

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

So I take it that we are talking to the next World Record Light Gun shooter!

Keep on dreaming,Kid.

7. jwspivey

jwspivey New Member

Im not a kid thank you...its
    not that hard. change out the barrel and stock go with a 22-250 ai round and a little work to the internals. Just have to find the right smith to do the work. Think I found a nice pac nor barrel...we'll see how it turns out.

8. keymastr5912

keymastr5912 New Member

"its not that hard"? realy. 1/2 inch groups at 600 yds? OOOOOOOOKAY