Winchester Model 190 replacment parts?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by ILgunman, Aug 14, 2011.

1. ILgunman

ILgunman New Member

hey guys, I am looking for a place that has a part i need for my Winchester Model 190. I need the "pin" on the front of the gun that holds the magazine tube in. if i can get a "pin" like it at a store or something it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks, Ilgun

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

have you tried a nail?

3. cgersty

cgersty New Member

You can get roll pins in all sorts of sizes, ya could get away with using a nail, the pin on my 190 kept coming loose so I put it in flush on both sides and put a dab of jb weld on either side to keep it from falling out, You can go to a hardware store and buy a bunch of different size roll pins and see which fits, they are pretty inexpensive.

Gersty

4. ILgunman

ILgunman New Member

thanks guys!

want to get this gun back together safely. i will deff. try something out.

got another question for you guys. do you know how to get the spring back in this puppy? i have tried and tried to get it back but i can't ever get it to line up properly with the bolt and it always comes flying out at me.

5. cgersty

cgersty New Member

On the recoil spring I usually put the bolt in the gun and the spring in the bolt then I take a pocket screw driver and kind of walk the spring in by putting the screwdriver between 2 or 3 coils in the spring and walking it towards the bolt while keeping even pressure on the guide rod with my finger, and eventually you will be able to just push the guide rod and the spring will compress and allow you to push it into the bolt far enough then I just work the guide rod into position in the back of the reciever I hope this helps, if not ask and I will try to clarify it for ya.

Gersty

6. ILgunman

ILgunman New Member

might be a dumb question, but does the guide rod rest up against the bolt, or against the back of the reciever?

thanks!

7. cgersty

cgersty New Member

the guide rod goes in the hole in the back of the reciever.

Gersty