winchester 7mm STW!!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by 500mag_guy, Mar 27, 2011.

1. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy New Member

Well i went on down to the gun show and was hoping to just look. hahahah good joke. I walked into a Winchester Model 70 Classic Laredo 7mm STW, 26" heavy barrel with a Leupold VX-II 6-18x40 only shot enough to sight it in. $1100. I thought it was a pretty damn good deal being that it was only made for 2 years and this round is a ripper! What do you guys think, good deal?

Click the picture to make it bigger.

DSCF0263.jpg

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I think that is a great looking rifle.

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Congrats!
    I love my STW:cool:

4. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy New Member

what do you use for a load?

the guy i bought the rifle from gave me 60 reloads. they are a nosler ballistic tip 150gr that is loaded with 76gr of IMR 7828. I popped two down range and when i was looking at the cases i noticed that one case was cracked extremely bad!! I was wondering if this was a hot load for that grain of bullet or if it was just a weak case from being loaded to many times. Ive looked everywhere but i cant find anywhere where there is a load for this powder and this bullet weight. any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks, 500

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

fIt looks like max charge of 7828 with that bullet is 70.3 gr. That is one hot load there!

6. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy New Member

thank you for the info. i will be pulling the lead on these rippers and re-re-loading them. My dad runs reloader 22 in his and he is really happy with it so i think i will do the same.