Winchester 42 Skeet

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by gunsmt, Apr 22, 2016.

1. gunsmt

gunsmt New Member

I have a winchester Model 42 Skeet Gun 2-1/2" chamber. Gun is in beautiful shape with vent rib. It is possible that the chamber may have been opened to 3"if so my question is how much value was lost.

2. trigger643

trigger643 New Member

How much less is it worth to you with the knowledge it has an opened up chamber vs being original and unmolested?

Or, how much more are you willing to pay to have the correct factory chamber?

If it were a $1,000 field grade I don't think it matters. If it were a $13,000 Bee Exhibition, I don't think anyone but you and whoever you told would ever know.

Unless it was done badly or advertised on the outside of the barrel I'm going to suspect you are probably the only one who would care and that concern is probably best left up to each individual to decide.

For me, if it were a Bee Exhibition grade with a molested chamber, it would be a $11,000 hickey. I wouldn't have it darken my doorstep. If it were a skeet or other lesser grade; with all else being correct, I probably would let it slide since it was a common period modification (and also available from the factory), and not a cosmetic or function issue.

3. gunsmt

gunsmt New Member

Thank you so very much for your input and I am in total agreement with you.This gun is about 98% and sport Winchester Vent Rib all original.

4. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

on average, it knocks about 2000.00 off the gun.

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

gunsmt

Welcome to the FTF! We do like pictures! :)

6. felixball

felixball New Member

Folks I'm new to this forum, how do I post a shotgun question

7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

If you use the app, click this
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1481598302.703224.jpg