Winchester 22 mod. 06 wanted

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by griffin81, Oct 4, 2011.

1. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

I'm looking for one that shoots long, short, and long rifle. In good shape no breaks or cracks in the stock, finish doesn't matter much. Must be a good shooter. Price to pay depends on condition of gun. My stepdad had one when I was a kid and I loved shoot that gun and I would like one of my own to take to the range.
    Thanks David.

let the bullets do the talking!

2. Oohrah

Oohrah New Member

If this is the early version of the Model 63 semi auto, You will have to pick a single cartridge. Each has a different caliber marked on the barrel. 22 Long Rifle, 22 Short, and I think a 22 Rim Fire Special ( a little larger 22 rim fire) None interchange. Some where later on, I think Model 190, a semi auto that handled all three semi automatic cartridges ( late 60s or 70s ) Alum receiver, as was a Remington that did all three .22s. 22 Short, Long, and Long Rifle.

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Oohrah - the Winchester 1906 is a pump. 1890 became(kinda) the 1906 then the model 62. A fine gun. Sorry griffin81, I don't have one for you.

4. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

I really wish someone did I'm still looking for a good shooter.

let the bullets do the talking!

5. Oohrah

Oohrah New Member

OK if that is a pump, all three will work unless it is chambered to a WRF, a little larger diameter, and length cartridge that also came in the pump.