Winchester 1894

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Davyboy, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Any Idea of value on this gun its on sale over here as an obsolete caliber, it is in 32-40 caliber

Attached Files:

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I got one damn near identical to it in .44-40 that I inherited from my grandfather and my price would "Not Available". ;)

Looks like it is in really good shape though. Excellent markings on the stamp. Have you see the barrel to see how much it's been used? Doesn't appear to have a ton of field time on it.

3. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Strong rifling and pretty clean. I am thinking of buying it.

4. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Based on what I am seeing in the picture, I would have to say about 1 penny less than priceless. But then again, I am no expert, just a jealous gun collector.:D

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Great piece of American history right there. My grandfather used his up until the last couple of years of his life every year shooting deer in the U.P. and Wisconsin.

Great gun and built back when stuff just HAD to last.

6. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Is ammo for this still available in USA

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

For .32-40?

I believe there are some cowboy action guns that use this cartridge, and several others, for their "time era" style shooting competitions. I don't know if they would be "hunting" rounds (meaning they might be light, competition style rounds) but I am sure ammo is for sale for it somewhere over here.

For the .44-40 I got a box of handloads that were done by grandfather's hands and they sit with the rifle in the safe and will probably be in the exact same place when I pass it on. :eek:

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Graf's, Buffalo Bore, Midway have cartridges. PCI loads for it. Buffalo Bore ammo is black powder.

9. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

An the ammo IS NOT cheap! However that's I'd a very nice rifle. I would love to add it to my family.

10. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Thank you Robo, although i will never get to shoot it. Not in this country anyway

11. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

could be $750 to $1200. Is it pre-1898? original sights? extra holes drilled anywhere?

12. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

All original