Winchester 1300 problems please help

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Masterarchangel, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Masterarchangel

Masterarchangel New Member

The pump wants to come down early any advice would be helpful and no I'm not doing anything wrong I have much experience with pump shotguns

2. Masterarchangel

Well actually the problem is that when the pump is locked in place sometime it'll unlock and pump your chambered round out which sucks and there's nothing about that problem I can find online

3. akers06

akers06 New Member

Sounds like it's in the pump lock and unlock button I have had many 1300s I.love em and I.have never heard of one doing that you can buy new trust assembly's for fairly cheap on eBay

4. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

The Winchester 1200 and 1300 have what Winchester calls
    "Speed Pump" actions---a bit different from most. They
    use a rotating bolthead, and when you fire them it's almost like
    the pump handle is powered back. Very fast action.

Sounds like the action lock on yours is worn if it won't stay locked
    on a loaded/chambered round. I sold my last one a couple of
    months ago, but IIRC the action lock is interfaced with the firing mechanism,
    and it locks the outer sleeve on the bolt in a forward position.

Drop the trigger group out and look for wear----possible on the
    black plate with some slots in it on the bottom of the bolt.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  5. Masterarchangel

The bolt looks nice I took it apart and cleaned and oiled it thinking that would help its not when it shoots that the pump comes back tho I've actually not shot it last time the bolt was so dirty the firing pin couldn't come out

6. Masterarchangel

What would I need to replace if this was worn out?

7. Masterarchangel

It's actually a winchester 120 but it's pretty much the exact thing as a 1300

8. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

When you had it apart did you check the mechanism near the trigger that you normally push to release the slide? Anything broken or worn?

9. Masterarchangel

Yea I even playing withit for a moment didn't seem bad I'm no expert but I think it's good

10. Masterarchangel

I found a forum where a guy had a similar problem it turned out his slide release was bent

11. akers06

akers06 New Member

That's what it sounds like to me is something to do with the release button

12. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

A 1200 is not a 1300. The 1300s evolved into the current guns. The 1200 was fairly quickly replaced by the 1300. They cut too many corners on the 1200/1400 series.

13. Masterarchangel

No not 1200 it's a 120 ranger which was made for the military and is almost entirely the exact same as a 1300 all the internals are the same

14. Masterarchangel

If you hold the pump and tap it on the ground the pump goes down and some times when loaded after you pump the round into the chamber it will

15. Masterarchangel

So yea that's the trigger assembly

Attached Files:

16. Masterarchangel

I just took the slide release off and it actually looks to be bent

17. akers06

akers06 New Member

Yea the 120 is pretty much identical to a 1300 and isn't much different than the 1200 other than the 1200 being 2 3/4" and the 120/1300 is 3"

18. Masterarchangel

Yup I'm trying to get the slide release back on the trigger group it's proving to be tough tho...

19. Masterarchangel

Now my problem is assembling the trigger group in lol I haven't broken it just don't know where the small spring for the slide release button goes also the part that keeps the hammer in place when cocked back you tube videos where so distorted I couldn't see

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

not exactly. they were aimed at trying ot military and police contracts. and were the economy version of the 1300. the contracts never came through and Winchester discontinued them to concentrate on the 1300.