Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I have a Winchester 1300 right now I use for Turkey and deer hunting I have a rifled and a vent rib barrel for it. I really love that gun but I have been thinking about selling it and getting an 835, or a nova for Turkey and deer hunting. If you guys were in my shoes what would you do... and please don't tell me to get a 870 or a 500 bc I don't like either of them

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have a Mossberg 835. Great gun. But its not a Winchester1300 for sure. I have a Winchester 120 and 1300. They are not turkey guns though. Love the way they feel and function. The only thing nice about my 835 is the camo and the 3 1/2 turkey loads. I would never get rid of the Winchester. Imo the 1300 is great. I have no experience with the Benelli.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Mossberg 835. Great gun. But its not a Winchester1300 for sure. I have a Winchester 120 and 1300. They are not turkey guns though. Love the way they feel and function. The only thing nice about my 835 is the camo and the 3 1/2 turkey loads. I would never get rid of the Winchester. Imo the 1300 is great. I have no experience with the Benelli.
My 1300 shoots Turkey loads and slugs good real good...I was just thinking about an 835

·
Registered
597 Posts
My 835 with the vent barrel is excellent and lessens the felt recoil i put several 3 1/2s throigh it and it felt like i was runnin a light 2 3/4 load

·
Banned
0 Posts
Akers, i would if possible see if you could shoot the others and then make a decision if you wuld want to change shotguns. if you are happy with the 1300, the one to replace it has to be something worth making a change.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Akers, i would if possible see if you could shoot the others and then make a decision if you wuld want to change shotguns. if you are happy with the 1300, the one to replace it has to be something worth making a change.
Yea I'm happy with the 1300 I was just wanting a 3 1/2" gun...I.use to have a nova and loved it the only down fall is that barrels are like $500. So that's why the 835 attracts me but I'm not a 500 fan so I don't know if I will like the 835s

·
Registered
24 Posts
I Don't hear many people talking about browning shotguns but I have the bps that shoots 3 1/2s and my brother has a gold hunter 3 1/2 and the old a-5. The a-5 rips your cheek off but I love the others could look into them 2

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I Don't hear many people talking about browning shotguns but I have the bps that shoots 3 1/2s and my brother has a gold hunter 3 1/2 and the old a-5. The a-5 rips your cheek off but I love the others could look into them 2
I use to have a bps too...it was a really good gun I'm just not a big fan of the bottom ejection

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a pic of my 835. It has the short barrel with no compensator. It shoots well and also serves as my HD gun.
It's nice if I got one it would be like that along with a rifled barrel to go with it for deer hunting

1 - 20 of 41 Posts