Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Has anyone changed the springs in your J frame revolver?
I did on a previous one I owned. It helps and I never saw any negative impact on ignition reliability.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc for answering my post . I have the Wolf 3 springs and the rebound tool from Brownells , I probably will remove the side plate and give the insides a good cleaning may use some Flitz polish and relube and see how the revolver opperated. It's a carry so I'm not sure if I want to lighten , just may be smooth things out. Be Well and thanks again for your input.
Chris

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Here is a vid from YouTube. He didn’t go super light. He reported no light primer strikes. Getting the pull to just below 10 lbs is still very safe And keeps each trigger pull very deliberate. I mean a Glock NY trigger is rated at 8 lbs for police use.

in this day and age of general public gun ignorance, I doubt most lawyers would know if you replaced internal springs, if liability is your concern.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Doc , saw the video and it is a concern. Thanks Again.
Chris
PS: will probably give it a complete cleaning , using polish by hand and reinstall original to see how it runs , keep the 3 springs for a rainy day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts