Will it stop?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by bigbomar4, Mar 11, 2012.

1. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

About 2 months ago I bought a CZ-85B. I fell in love with it. A month ago I go to get some more range ammo and see a CZ P07 and it was great but I didnt buy it because it was to much. Later that day when we go to the range they have the same gun for a much better price so I buy it. Yesterday I went to get ammo again and just glance at the counter and see they have 8 CZ-82's. Guess what. I walked out with one. Is there any cure for this CZ obsession? None of my friends have even heard of CZ guns and I dont understand why, they are the best I have ever shot!

2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I notice it comes in cycles for me.

Like, every time I walk into a certain gun store,

they're having a 20% off sale. I always seem to find a gun I like

at a sick price OTD.

I like CZs. Have you seen the CZ58?

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Whether rifle, pistol, or shotgun, CZ makes really solid guns. CZ 9mms (especially model 75/variants) are exceptional.

I like to try on as many different types of guns as possible. In my opinion, the two best $500-ish steel framed handguns in current production are the CZ 75 and the Ruger GP100. Both have a nice finish, are built to last, ultra-reliable, and are true value purchases.

But that's just one weirdo's opinion.

4. downsouth

downsouth New Member

When you get your cz~75,(and we know you will) give us a range report. It is my next gun.

5. Soliferrum

Soliferrum New Member

i too have fallen prey to this disease. i was looking into getting a new .45 then i saw it. CZ-75 Phantom. i actually fought with myself-and my father-over getting a 9mm. now, its my sweet beautiful guilty pleasure.

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I was thinking about the phantom but now leaning towards the tactical because of all steel and stock night sights.

7. Soliferrum

Soliferrum New Member

word. all steel is a way to go, but i dont know, the poly feel of this is nowhere near like a glocks. the poly on this, i dont know, feels ceramic, fine. it dosnt feel like that plastic thing that covers your bolt on your seatbelts.

Thats why i didnt really care till my hand wrapped around it and i held it for the first time. ive always loved CZ. they are the most comfortable weapon i have ever held. My father has a standard 40cal 75 model, the one that looks like a hi power, but to me that was like a blonde, hot, but not my type.

but the phantom, when i held it, i heard it say "come with me, join the dark side, and together, we shall rule the galaxy." and i said "yes my master." but the guy at the counter interrupted me by asking me "what?" so i ran home and tried to fight the dark side. but i failed and took my place in the darksi-wait, where was i?

8. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Yea, I'm getting one. Until then I will shoot my cz~52. If you ever get a chance to shoot one, do it. The 7.62x25 hits harder than most 357s iirc.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The phantom is like the closest thing to a polymer frame 1911.. I like it.

10. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

A polymer framed 1911 would be blasphemy I say!

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Yes it would be, i just said that because it has a 1911 look to it

12. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

I agree. John Moses Browning would roll over in his grave and puke.

13. RustyShackleford101

People shouldn't be so quick to abandon steel frame auto loaders and wheel guns, sure polymer has its advantages, but the " older style" guns are still great.

14. Soliferrum

Soliferrum New Member

im not looking to abandon any style. but i also take in account of one thing apparently alot of gun owners turn their nose up at, aesthetics.

15. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

We could go on agreeing with each other all day but gosh darnit Dale would you take the tinfoil outta your hat!

16. RustyShackleford101

I'm watching dale become a newfound patriot after finding the warren commission was correct about Kennedy.

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I love the weight of a 1911....its all there!
    You can really tell how balanced they are once you shoot them

18. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

You don't happen to be an exterminator do ya?

Sorry bout jackin the thread...

19. RustyShackleford101

Well he's no toenail...

20. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I disagree. I think he'd climb out of his hole to track down the SOB that did it.