will gun manufacturers change for California market

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by robertusa123, Sep 18, 2013.

1. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

Will it looks like semi auto rifles with deatchable magazine will be outlawed. Will gun manufactures. Change for that market. Would like to start seeing tub fed and internal magazine semi rifles. Or will they let that market go because any new rifles will shortly also be outlawed after coming to market

2. genesaika

genesaika New Member

I'd say that it would be a lot of money to waste on such a small portion of their client base. It would make better business sense to spend that money on improving the current product that the majority of potential buyers will be looking at.

Will they make some accommodations? Sure, but I doubt it will be any kind of big push and many manufacturers won't bother.

3. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

They may modify rifles so the magazines cannot be removed. Has the idiots considered or banned "Stripper" clips. These are Damn fast.:)

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It'll be just like Massachusetts. Manufacturers will slowly get fed up and write California off. It'll start with less options being available due to the extra cost involved. California will continue to pass bs laws that cost manufacturers more time and money and eventually they will just walk.
    Just like Massachusetts.

5. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

Seen the small market argument before so hears some number. Their are 38 million people in California. That's a about 12% of the us population. Thats no small market. Wander how hard it would to make a matlin60 in 38 SPL or 357

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

What percentage are firearms enthusiasts?

7. genesaika

genesaika New Member

The problem isn't the number of people in California, but the number of people in California buying firearms, specifically semi auto rifles. That cuts the numbers down drastically.

8. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Exactly. I would assume that more people in Cali. are into medical marijuana than semi auto rifles.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The ownership of firearms is low compared to the population. There were 600,000 legal transfer in 2012 with 5,000 denials. Polls show 61% of California voters are in favor of more restrictive laws. :(

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Bingo.....

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

So you're basically talking about Maybe 3% of the population when It's all said and done. Kiss atleast one percent goodbye when they see the jump in prices.
    The manufacturers will look at that and weigh it against the extra costs to manufacture ca models as well as the time lost for retooling during which they could be selling to more profitable states and they'll say the same thing I do.
    Fu#* California.

12. vincent

vincent New Member

Ronnie Barrett changed his business by telling CA to go fu*k themselves...just sayin'...:cool:

13. MisterMcCool

He's not selling in California.

14. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

In mass the only guns that have that trouble are with handguns, right? Rifles don't have to go through the same consumer safety process like handguns, right? as long as a rifle doesn't have more than 2 features its fine. And there are still tons of companies that are really good about MA compliance.

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yes. But we miss out on alot of guns. Both handguns and rifles. Many manufactures have written the state off. You can't blame them. It's costs in the area of $10k-$30k just to do the testing and the attorney generals office can still tell you to go screw. Also if any change is made you have to start all over, whether it is a trigger change or just a different color.
    I can get a gp100 but can't get the Wiley clapp. Pisses me off.

16. vincent

vincent New Member

AFIK...:cool:

17. vincent

vincent New Member

Isn't it a sad state of affairs when a firearm enthusiast has to know stuff like this??? :(:mad:

Saving a place at the table for ya MM...hurry the hell up...yer suppers' gettin' cold!! ;)

18. aruiz42

aruiz42 New Member

I saw that PSA made a California AR 15 ... It has no detachable mag it's blocked off... Guess you have to shoot one by one... Sucks

19. MisterMcCool

I think it has an internal magazine that can be loaded by separating the upper and lower.

20. JW357

JW357 New Member

This state is such BS.

Honestly if I owned a gun company, or really anything involving firearms, I would tell the state to go piss off and I wouldn't offer a single product here.

If every single company did this, sure it would suck or the gun owners here a LOT, but it would be a big middle finger to the state legislature. And they would lose a lot of revenue. Not to mention, if all firearms companies did this, eventually it would get so bad here for gun people that a huge number would pack up and leave.

Thousands of good citizens and their money with them would be gone.

Of course, on the flip side, Kalifornia would just make up for this by granting citizenship to all illegals. :mad:

F*ck this state.