Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I value everyone's opinion here, so I thought I'd ask the forum: Should I add a gold bead to the front sight of my S&W 5906 PPC9? It has the stock all-black sights which are pretty good, but my experience is that gold beads really add to the quick pick-up of the front sight from the low draw position.

Furthermore, a well-mounted, quality 14K gold bead sight also adds a touch of class to the appearance of this rare classic gun.
Trigger Air gun Revolver Line Gun barrel
Or does it?

I'd welcome anyone's input! Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(Canada's fine, just some hype and bluster that never occurred. Plus I can always sell to the US.)

I guess I'm just trying to have my cake and ... yada yada yada. I suppose I could just get a new sight built and maintain the original - best of both worlds there. And FO would ultimately be better really. There was a craftsman online that built a new FO front sight from scratch for my 685 Competitor. A work of art it is. Might be an idea to ask him for the same here so as not to mess with a rare gun and a potential new owner's broken heart.

Thanks gentlemen!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think theses are all really great replies. Thank you!

It seems that the general theme is to not do anything that is irreversible to a rare gun, as its "value" is a subjective matter in the eyes of a potential buyer. I think that if I removed the original sight and sent it off to the fellow that custom makes sights for other guns, he could put a gold bead or FO on a new separate sight as some suggested. In that respect, it could actually increase the value of the gun as there is an optional upgrade at hand.

Thanks again. I'm much clearer on my options now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts