Will a Vaccine Prevent Covid-19 Virus?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by RaySendero, May 29, 2020.

1. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

You are free to go first.

Maybe you can sign up to participate in the initial trial group and take one for the team so to speak.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    towboater, TimKS and ellis36 like this.
  2. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

You mean the "vaccine experts" that profit from the virus?

There's plenty of doctors and medical info on the internet.
    Do your own searches.
    In US this info will also be on the vaccine label.

But you will blindly let these "vaccine experts"
    inject you and family with any or all of:

HOST vitamins, antigens, collagens, amino acids, proteins, serum and DNA in the vaccine!

Like:
    Rats, mice, chicken, fetal bovine, bovine calf and human serums & hydrolyzed gelatins.
    Vero cells, Medium 199, yeast, eggs, fetal Human MRC-5 and WI-38 cells. DNA from porcine circoviruses, and CRM197.

I just can't believe you would do that !
    You says one thing but I think you will at least check now.

TimKS and ellis36 like this.

3. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

What happens with the 75 percent of folks who test positive for COVID-19 but have no symptoms? Do they get the vaccine? What effect might the vaccine have on folks who test positive but have no symptoms?

About 14 percent of US adults are anti-vaxxers. COVID-19 may be with us forever.

4. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

I'm assuming it's like any other pathogen: it'll be out there in the future.

Whether we continue to be highly susceptible to its effects is about the only variable we might be able to control.

I, too, hope a vaccine is ultimately crafted. It'll be interesting to see how viable it is, in terms of percentage of people fully protected, partially protected, side effects, etc.

alsaqr likes this.
  5. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

I live in a semi-rural county in VA, at the extreme western edge of the county (property line is also the county line with the county west).

One of the curious improvements the state made was to enable the tracking of cases by zip-code. This was important to me since our county has a few zip-codes and ours, particularly, encompasses a bizarre portion of the county, but mostly rural and to the west of the I-95 corridor. My wife and I are both in the age and health category of being "high risk".

As of today, the county had 556 cases verified/suspected, but our zip code (which geographically makes up the largest portion of the county) had 32. That would mean the by-far greatest proportion of the county's infections were along the I-95 corridor (not surprising since Spotsy is largely a bedroom community to DC). Somewhat comforting to know and I'm glad VA shares this data. I'm an ancient analyst, so numbers and data keep my mind active (as well as the questioning of it).

Glad we have our rural farm, and even more glad that I'm fully retired with a retirement income that covers all our bills (and then some). We "don't get out much", which these days is a VERY comforting thing! I really feel for those cooped up in apartments/condos who still need a working paycheck. Really sad!

alsaqr likes this.
  6. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't blindly do anything, i look at the evidence and make a decision. The overwhelming evidence is that vaccines have being one of modern medicines greatest preventative treatments, saving millions of lives and disabilities.

Believe it, i would be first in the queue.

Your are coming across as a Antivaxer, why not just start your thread with that. It would save a lot of beating around the bush.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  7. manta

No problem, i would be happy to. And if people don't want it don't get it.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  8. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

There will be mass vaccination. People in healthcare and education, to name two, will have to choose between their objections and their license. The Army and especially the Navy will likely make it mandatory.
    And you the free spirits over here will want your doctor to be immunized.

9. manta

That is already the case, and for good reasons.

American combat deaths in World War I totaled 53,402. But about 45,000 American Soldiers died of influenza and related pneumonia by the end of 1918.
    More than 675,000 Americans died of influenza in 1918. Based on today's population, that would be the equivalent of 2.16 million Americans dying.

Current Status of Vaccines for Military Personnel
    The Department of Defense (DoD) administers 17 different vaccines, as outlined in the Joint Instruction on Immunizations and Chemoprophylaxis (Secretaries of the Air Force, Army, Navy, and Transportation, 1995), for the prevention of infectious diseases among military personnel, where appropriate. The vaccines are administered to military personnel on the basis of military occupation, the location of the deployment, and mission requirements.

alsaqr and W.T. Sherman like this.
  10. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

Getting first in line blindly w/o reading the label of what's injected in your body?!
    Well...LOL there's got to be a label/name for that, too.

RJF22553 and Ghost1958 like this.
  11. manta

What part of the looking at the evidence, did you not get. If you only base your decisions on what medication you take on reading the label then ( Well...LOL there's got to be a label/name for that, too. )

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  12. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

manta,
    There is no evidence
    There are no testing results
    There is no vaccine, yet.
    This vaccine hasn't even been produced.

But you've already made up your mind on nothing,
    call people names that recommend caution,
    and keep repeating how smart your decisions are?
    There got to be a label/name for that -
    Probably something you can't fix.

towboater, Ghost1958 and RJF22553 like this.
  13. manta

You widened it to vaccines in general in the quote bellow, not just CV 19 and i have no issue taking them. I get the flu vaccine if one comes around for CV19 i will get it, if others don't want to fine its called choice.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  14. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

tell ya what RS...please do not take vaccines, e.g., hepatitis, polio, measles, chicken pox, shingles, flu, pneumonia, ad nauseam...

please tell your medical insurer you are an anti-vaccination bloke and you will pay your own medical bills IF you get any disease which a vaccine might have mitigated the medical expenses from you since you didn't get the vaccine!

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  15. RaySendero

RaySendero Active Member

Have you had all those vaccines?

towboater likes this.
  16. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

well as mentioned, due to my personal circumstances and to protect mine and by familial's health i have!

only one i refused was under a direct order from an army 0-6 to take the swine flu vaccine -- nope...sorry people dying from that injection!
    since i wasn't in the army & didn't exist there i told my cmd and one each 0-6 received a personal call from a 0-8 and told to back off...the 0-6 was apologetic to me and within 4 days later the armed forces completely quit swine flu vaccinations across the board!

depending on you age RS coupled w/your mentality against vaccinations-- pray you don't get shingles as you will must certainly wish then you had gotten the vaccine!

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  17. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

I just got my 2nd shingle shot, had to make a appointment and wear a face mask but I was able to get it.

a neighbor of mine has shingles and the pain he felt when it flared up, yeah I didn't want to deal with that much pain.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    RJF22553 and Nmwabbit like this.
  18. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Well , now that two viral experts in two other countries have stated the virus is weakening to a point in some cases it cannot even infect anyone we likely wonf be needing the vaccine by the time they come out with one.

I dont know a single person old or young that trusts the CDC and WHO enough to take any vaccine produced for this obviously overhyped bug .
    I personally will not be. Mandatory or not..
    This whole thing has been overhyped sham excusing power plays by many governors etc. Why anyone would trust a vaccine pushed by the CDC or government is beyond me.

Nmwabbit likes this.
  19. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I read through threads like this, and am reminded of old clips of “Jay Walking”. A lot of folks who voicing opinions, that they haven’t got enough of a knowledge base to form with an validity.

20. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

My second one's coming up in a couple of months. Would be nice if it prevents the worst of any shingles outbreak, given that I had chicken pox decades ago.

Hopefully, any vaccine that gets produced for this SARS-CoV-2 thing will have at least that efficacy, if not more. Time will tell. I'm open to scratching and nerve pain and what other effects come from shingles, all things considered. But when it comes to deep respiratory distress that SARS-CoV-2 seems to cause, I hope they knock it out of the ballpark on a vaccine.

Nmwabbit and W.T. Sherman like this.