Wild West assault rifle

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by readygirl, Apr 4, 2013.

1. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Is this considered an "ASSAULT" rifle, 5 + 1, no pistol grip...? Think Wyatt Earp had one..?

Attached Files:

2. vincent

vincent New Member

Not yet but give it time, I'm sure someone will find a way to make it seem super dangerous therefore ban worthy...:mad:

"Assault rifles" (barf) start with the detachable mag and go from there...collapsible stock, the barrel shro...I mean the shoulder thing that goes up, all those features that make it just so deadly...:rolleyes:

Lever actions are not on the 'list'...yet...:mad:

3. readygirl

readygirl New Member

It does have a flash suppressor, doesn't that make it "super dangerous"...?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  4. vincent

vincent New Member

Yep, you betcha and with that collapsible stock it'll conceal easily in a purse or front pocket...:rolleyes:

Seriously, cool gun, yours?

5. readygirl

readygirl New Member

no..i wish, im kinda into lever guns..

6. vincent

vincent New Member

Same here but don't own one yet...on the wish list though.

Not making much progress, Cadillac taste on a Volkswagen budget... :(

7. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I have a few of them, seems like they follow me home on payday. Nothing high dollar yet, but i would love to have an old Wells Fargo Winchester....on my " if i hit the lotto list "....LOL

8. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I love lever guns! Just added another to my collection today. I've got Winchester '94 30-30, Henry Golden Boy heavy Octagon Barrel .22 Mag, and my newest one Chiappa 1887 12ga.

image-552498177.jpg

9. vincent

vincent New Member

Nothing's followed me home in a while...:(

I like the way you think, love those cowboy guns too.

I've been eyeballing a Henry for a while now but it has yet to make an appearance in the safe...someday...sigh...

Attached Files:

10. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I have 2 Marlins, and a Winchester, all in 30-30. Mine has lighter colored furniture on it, i like yours...

11. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Oh yea, a Henry is on my "someday" list too...

12. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I changed out the wood on my Winchester. Ditched the cheap walnut stained birch (which was much lighter) and replaced with nice figured walnut with the curved steel but plate. Changed that gun's personality for sure.

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

That maybe a Tactical Lever Action. Assault Rifle is a term used by the Left to convince the public that gun owners are not responsible.:(

14. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I would just loves to assault your rifle...! :Did do have a Marlin 45/70 assault lever...!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  15. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I am going to have me one of them..................

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I just can't bring myself to like that Mossy though. I do have a few lever guns. A couple are in .44 mag and one 30/30 (all Marlins), a reproduction Winchester .38/55 and my most recent acquisition is an original 1886 Winchester in 45-70 Government. Bought that and two .22 rifles all for $200. She wouldn't take a penny more, even though I offered it.

Wyatt Earp had a 10 gauge lever action shotgun that he carried on foot patrol in Tombstone. A couple of years ago my sons and I had the pleasure of getting our pictures taken holding his shotgun when we were in Tombstone. The owners of the Tombstone Museum gave us a private tour and showed us many items that were not on display, this shotgun being one of them.

17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I had never heard about Earp's Winchester Lever action shotgun. I assumed he had a Dbl. barrel. I recently read about his burial in a Jewish Cemetery in California. His wife's family plot. He lived a very interesting life. The list of Pall Bearers at his funeral was something.:)

18. indy36

indy36 New Member

I had that Mossberg 464 ZMB lever and I got rid of it. I didn't like it after shooting it.

19. willshoum

willshoum New Member

waste of money............

After spending millions of $$$$$ on naming rifles by the politico, we are now going to change the name assualt weapon, to weapon of choice.......This will entail all weapons no matter the make and or model...............From now on.............Let it be said, let it be written..............Knives, base ball bats, cars, etc, will be included...................

20. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

all you need is a black Kevlar cowboy hat with bullets in the band!