WILD NIGHT in BASEBALL.......

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Sep 29, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Redsox-Braves-Tampa Rays-Houston Astros-and the Wild card St.Louis Cardinals...Cards where 10 games-out just a month ago...now in the play-offs...YES...I got drunk last-night at the bar...and feel like sh!t today....but the Cardinals are in-it........YES...........:D:D:D

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I hope they make it all the way for you. My team is out but I watch baseball until the very last game of the season is played. :)

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Fifty plus years as a Yankee fan here. Already clinched the division. Don't be a hater. ;)

4. freefall

freefall New Member

CA, say it ain't so! A Yankees fan?:eek: My heart...palpitations...:rolleyes:

5. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

I'm a Padre fan so we were done in June, but last night was incredible. Season finishes like that are what make baseball great.

Did anyone see that Rays comeback? :eek:

6. CA357

Having been born and raised in Brooklyn, I actually started out as a Brooklyn Dodgers fan. But the bastiges moved and then the Giants blew town. The only hometown team left for me at that time was the Yankees. This was years before the Mets were formed. Loyalty is important to me.

I like the Giants, the Phillies and the A's and I enjoy the game in general. However, I loathe the Red Sox.;)

7. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Ahhh, what a wicked pissah. My beloved Red Sox ******* the pooch again, eh? :D
    At least I got to see one W.S. win in my lifetime.
    My two favorite teams...the Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  8. CA357

Ninja, please! ;)

I feel exactly the same about the Cowboys. :D

9. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

Braves choking through the whole month of September was painful to watch...

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Boy the Yankee fans and the Red Sox fans have a big differance in baseball..Don't they...They just hate the other one.....What got that all started....and thank you Atlanta braves....

11. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Phils set a franchise record. :D 102 regular season wins.

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Jan. 1920. Sox owner Harry Frazee sold Babe Ruth to the Damned Yankees, thus damning the Red Sox.

13. CA357

Quoted for truth ...

... and a few laughs. :p

14. fmj

fmj Active Member

I'm not much of a baseball fan since the last strike...bunch whiny *** overpaid primadonnas!! I prefer, these days, to go to the local park and watch the local little league.

That being typed, I am and always have been a TIGERS fan. Spent the summers of my misspent youth playing baseball (at quite a high level...was a pretty damned good 3rd baseman) and going with my dad down to the old Tigers stadium (he had season tix '83, '84 and '85) I had the cards of and got to meet and have Sweet Lou Whitaker, Allen Trammel, Kirk Gibson, Lance Parrish, Jack Morris, and Milt Wilcox sign them. Lance Parrish is one of the coolest guys EVER!! We always got to the stadium early to get our seats. (we had seats 7 rows up from the field on the 3rd baseline) One game, Lance came out and was doing his pregame warm ups, i went down, crawled out on the dug out roof and said (in my squeeky 14 y/o voice) "Sir, would you sign my card?" He quit his warmup, came over, signed my card and actually chatted with me for 5 - 10 minutes! (seemed like forever in my star struck teen aged eyes)

Oh, i am also a big fan of whoever is beating the hell outta the New Yuck Skankees!! :D

GOOOO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Tram is a hell of a guy. He'll sit and talk baseball with you all day. Sparky was like that too, he is definitely missed.

16. fmj

fmj Active Member

When i met Trammel and Sweet Lou it was during an designated autograph session...they didnt have time to chat it up with the long line of folks to get to...but i do remember being star struck and all i could think was "This guy is TALL!" Yep Yep Sparky will always be missed, a true legend and giant of the game.

17. Fatso

Fatso New Member

Let's go yanks

18. CA357

Finally! A man with some class.

:D :D :D

19. Fatboy589

Fatboy589 New Member

I'm a die hard Rays fan and I lost my freaking mind last night. Hahaha. My girlfriend is my good luck charm. I was at church (she wasn't there) and we were down 0-5 in, what, the 5th inning? I hangout with her afterwards, we get seven runs. Sweep the Sox, swept the Yank's. Freaking amazing.