wild life acting.... wild?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by trip286, Oct 11, 2011.

1. trip286

trip286 New Member

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I guess it's not just American deer/antelope that like running in front of/into fast moving things. :D That looked like it hurt like hell.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

It seems like antlered animals are a hazard everywhere. Ask my wife's car!

4. 762

762 Member

i saw that this morning on the news. crazy stuff there. i cant belive he didnt get hurt. stuff like that makes me wanna wear a helmet when i'm out in the woods.

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I think I read/heard somewhere that deer are concidered the deadliest animals in America because of the number of deaths due to car accidents they cause each year. They are really bad about running out into the roads around here.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Aggressive jaywalkers suuuuuuuck!

When i taught night classes up your way, i had one student who had hit about seven deer, most all of them on the road his house is on. I think it was closer to Olive Branch than Hernando. Dude had a very impressive "brush guard" on his pickup, lesson learned.

7. 762

762 Member

i work in insurance claims. yes, deer SUCK. my buddy had a relative get decapatated when one went through her windshield

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Amazingly, that happens much more often than people would expect. I've known a few that has happened to myself. And one of them happened less than a mile from where my wife hit a deer about 2 weeks ago.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

Just north of Senatobia but south of Coldwater, there was a lil auto body repair place. The owner was a nice guy, commented that the bean field just south of him brought him lots of business. AFAIK, he didn't own or plant that field.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I know exactly where your talking about. I've been behind a pickup when they hit a deer right there.