Wild Boar Hunting...

Discussion in 'Florida Gun Forum' started by therewolf, Aug 1, 2013.

1. therewolf

therewolf New Member

What I hear about is all the farmers who want us

to hunt wild boar on their land.

What I'm not actually seeing is any real

opportunities to hunt wild boar on farms.

Perhaps we should form some sort of

group to organize hunting to eliminate these

pests, which destroy crops and machinery, and

are also a hazard to life and limb.

Any thoughts?

2. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

You probably need to approach the farmers personally and ask them. That may work better then an association. If they know who and when hunters are on the property, they may be more willing to agree to it. It works that way in Pennsylvania.

3. nicky5251

nicky5251 New Member

Love go hunting let me know when where

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

We do it all the time over here. The piggies are very destructive and we cannot thin their numbers. They also cause lots of auto accidents. Both the native and Russian boars can seriously injure or kill someone. I wish I could join you. Good luck and a successful harvest.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Knock on doors and ask. If someone says yes, ask if you can haul hay or something to help on the place.

I baked Bourbon chocolate pecan pies to give the landowners that let me turkey hunt here in WI.

6. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Very nice!
    I would let you hunt spiders in my shop for only one bite of such a pie!
    Have you a good recipe? :)

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

It is a recipe from a Southern Living cookbook someone gave my wife over 20 years ago, and so easy to make. I will get you the recipe.

8. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Sounds great!
    Back to the pig hunt! ;)
    Thanks!

9. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

The funny thing here in Texas with hunting hogs on private property is the land owners/farmers/ranchers all want you to pay them to rid them of their problem.
    I don't mind helping someone out,but I refuse to pay them for a job they are wanting you to do for them. I have plenty of hogs running around my deer lease,and that's the only hunting that I'll pay for,and it's pretty cheap for 12 months of critter killing.Here's a few pics of some of the hogs that are around two of my feeders on the ranch,and these are the smaller groups that we have running around up there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Well I ran up the flag, nobody saluted.

I wonder if there's a farmer's forum?:cool:

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

You could go around to the local feed stores,and farmer Co/Op's and hang up some flyers with your hunting intentions. If you have any references on yourself,let the farmers know about them. If they call around to people that will give you a good name and trustworthiness,they might be more obliged to invite you out to their land.
    Offer to help them do stuff in exchange for letting you hunt on their land,and also offer to give them a portion of the animals that you harvest if they want it.

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Gotta meet 'em, before I can make a deal.

I'm contacting farmer's forums as we speak.

Who knows?

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

14. avordman

avordman New Member

I participated in my first hog hunts this year. I loved them and probably won't go back to whitetail hunting - at least not as rabidly.

15. ca1survivor

ca1survivor New Member

I used to go near Ocala, had a friend that was leasing some land there, only lasted a few years though, he let the lease go, it is a lot of fun but be careful a wild board can put a hurt on you.

16. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Local golf course was getting rooted to pieces in Sebastian and they had trapped them and then called for summary execution lol

Literally had them all in cages and had every gunner around come and pop and take home as many as you want .

17. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I was talking to a guy who had an interesting setup.

His trap kept young sows that he fed daily. When they came in heat, guess who came to breed them?

If pickings got slim, then he could always butcher a young sow.