Wife's new SRM 1216

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by JonM, Dec 10, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the wife wanted to go to midwest industries this afternoon. after looking at their stuff she had me get a shotgun off the top of the wall. if you havent guessed its the new srm 1216... she instantly fell in love with the "pointy thing on the end"!!

anyway its her new gun. she gets to pick it up on wednesday

yes thats a real functional M2 in the background with a "safety tip" lol

2. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Holy cow man! it's a 12g right?

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

yup.

semi auto 16 rounds detachable mag. comes with 2 mags. so thats 32 shells...

she is pretty excited. already has plans to put her aimpoint on it with backup sights and a sling. she wants to go shoot it friday to sight in the rds then go shoot some skeet saturday

4. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Wow Merry Christmas! Very nice I have been looking for something along those lines for a while now. I was considering the KSG but I have to say this one interest me a lot!

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

she just stumbled across fps russia looking for videos of the srm *sigh*

6. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Skeet -- that's killer!

Never heard of that thing. Very niche and/or new I guess. Geez, I think the largest capacity shotgun I own is like, I dunno, 10+1. I feel so... inadequate.

:(

7. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

I'm certainly not trying to patronize anyone so this is a purely technical question, she can handle that much mule kick? I'd hurt after a few sessions and I'm a big *** manly dude lol. My wife, no way.

8. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

haha, your acting all disappointed! as the urban folks say, stop FRONTIN'!.

9. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

I saw one of these once I think, does the magazine on the foregrip spin? Mean looking shotgun...

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

i think she will handle it well. she has fired my saiga 12 but didnt care for it because of the super long stock. its a semi auto so it should help a lot on recoil. she is pretty tough and determined to do things correctly. im not going to just turn her loose without showing her in depth how to shoulder it and learn the hard way

lol im very happy she is getting more into firearms especially with the sht storm thats comming. she has learned well to make good decisions on what will work for her.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

yes it does. and it comes off for a quick reload

12. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Yep that's what I saw then. Very very nice!!! If I had some extra stickers I'd give you a gold star for bad-*** ;-)

13. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

is that for trap, skeet, sporting or 5 stand? way to heavy for small game or just one more thing to hoard and make the marketers money fo when the end comes?

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

barrel length doesnt have much if anything to do with range its all about choke. but im sure all she will do is skeet maybe some trap. its not my shotgun she may let me shoot it a little but its hers. ive got a couple of mossbergs a side by side and a saiga.

but its one more thing to squirrel away that will hold value through the comming economic world wide meltdown and for her to train with and have fun with

15. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Ok. That is messed up. I had never seen that shotgun. My 14 year old son just walked by. He saw the picture and asked if it was the new m1216. I asked where he had seen it to know that. Black Ops II was his answer!

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

hmmmmmm wonder if the wife has been playing my xbox behind my back.... i better check it to see if there is a black ops 2 disc in the house i dont know about!! she did seem to be realy into that commercial with the horse lady a lot.

17. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

i feel sorry for the guy who has to load the mags...........

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

from what ive seen the mags are super easy to load. one of the things she liked was how easy it was to access the magazines for loading when they are out of the gun

19. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jon,
    That is fantastic! You should get some well deserved points for that one! If that was a Christmas present WOW! Need to adopt anyone!;)
    Keep us informed and a range report!

20. JonM

JonM Moderator

i could see it when she held it there wasnt any walking out without it *sigh*

she wants to go sight it in friday with her aimpoint then go shoot some skeet. she has NEVER expressed even the slightest interest in shotguns!! im still in a bit of shock